Highrisematt

highrisematt

Thanks for the pics! The forgotten island?!?! Lol

Me too!! I have seen your Monte driving on hylan blvd 2 different times earlier in the year. Haven't seen it since.

I have a 70 SS and my brother has a 71 SS. Along with a 71 402 4 speed, 71 nevada silver 402, and my son's 71 Monte Carlo. I don't think I missed any. Lolol

PXL_20200912_215255079.jpg

PXL_20200912_215246274.jpg

Welcome Richard!!!!!     She looks great!!!!!   I have 2 nephews in the NYFD, Woodside and Jamaica.  Love and Respect to all of you first responders!!!     Tom and Kevin cant be far from you on that Island.  I am on the east Island.

Welcome to the club and forums, Richard!  Your '71 SS is absolutely stunning - a great representative of first gen Monte survivors!  That exterior color appears to be Cottonwood Green but it's sometime hard to tell from photos.

I don't know how much of your own time and resources have gone into your car but somebody deserves a lot of credit for its immaculate condition - well done!  The first owner (possibly you?) clearly wanted something special to order such a heavily optioned SS.  Thanks for all of the photos - it would be great to hear the story of your nearly 50 year old beauty sometime, if you don't mind sharing.

I see a cruise control button but can't find the unit under the hood.

This car is so nice, I really like it!

Welcome to the madness ! As previously stated, super clean nice looking nicely optioned SS. The oil pressure gauge with the wood grain looks factory, unless thats how they came in 71? 

5 hours ago, stangeba said:

I see a cruise control button but can't find the unit under the hood.

This car is so nice, I really like it!

Good catch on the cruise control button.  I wonder if the steering column was replaced because I did not think you could get cruise control on an SS

rob

48 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Good catch on the cruise control button.  I wonder if the steering column was replaced because I did not think you could get cruise control on an SS

rob

I know of a factory 71 SS454 with dealer installed cruise control.

Dealers could install lot's of stuff! Vinyl tops were a big dealer add on back then.

I think sometimes they had a better profit margin when they did it.