70 convertible!

7tonemonte

Nice Tony..... it is a little confused though.  It looks like 71/72 headlight bezels and 72 hood spear.  You are right, the guy does good work, I really like it.

rob

49 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Nice Tony..... it is a little confused though.  It looks like 71/72 headlight bezels and 72 hood spear.  You are right, the guy does good work, I really like it.

rob

That’s just how Ertl made these cars. They only wanted to do one mold for the main body so they had to pick one or the other headlight styles. They likely picked the square headlights since it was on 2 of the three years. Dave Mau actually consulted with Ertl when they were making prototypes. They took some of his suggestions but not all.

This Backyard Conversions simply takes one of the Ertl cars and customizes it as a convertible. Probably uses Ertl Chevelle parts... just like real life.

4 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

144.95 plus shipping and tax- 161.45. Ask me how I know. Lolol

O MY GOD finally something you didn’t have “in stock”. But I’ll but you got two so you could put one “in stock”. Lol🤪

6 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

144.95 plus shipping and tax- 161.45. Ask me how I know. Lolol

Did you get one of these also?   I like the fact that there is only 12 made.   I have some rare diecast but this is definitely the rarest

Great looking convert Tony....

i made mine years ago for Obvious reasons and was an Ertl car as well but was 1 of 1 at that time hahaha

Darren

630E9194-BCA7-49C1-9DA6-BECF21C315F9.jpeg

7233915D-9A1B-4B9D-9CF9-1F06524BF77F.jpeg

3A9FED8C-B372-47A4-9279-B46E21002C4B.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...