Greetings from Germany

Mahoney

Hey Guys,

I'am Eric (32 years old) from Germany and this is my 1972 Monte Carlo which came long way from South Carolina across the pond at the end of the last year. After a '83 G20 and a '81 Silverado it was my wish to get a big Coupé from 60s or 70s. Finaly I found this beautiful Monte. The car has just one previous owner in the U.S., is technicaly in very good (but not perfect) condition, has a freshly regenerated 350cui Small Block and drives like a new car. In the next time I want to improve it in details step by step (reconditioning chrome parts, improve paint condition, mounting wider tires, etc).

I'm glad to came across this forum. Looking forward to keep in contact with you and get some tips and ideas.

Frontansicht rechts.JPEG

Heckansicht links.JPEG

IMG_3134.JPEG

19fd93d7-5f59-45db-b403-5c75813ffa61.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Welcome Eric, nice photo's. I just saw a Monte for sale in Germany (link below) and wondered if there were any more owners.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/monte-carlo/2438943.html#&gid=1&pid=6

There are a few other owners but all in all the First Gen Monte is relatively rare in Germany...

Welcome to the club and forums, Eric!  In my opinion, you could not have chosen a more classic beauty than a first gen Monte to fulfill your wish for a big '70s coupe - well done!  Hope you enjoy improving and driving your '72 - she looks real nice already! Thanks for representing our club in Germany. 

Don't be bashful about sharing photos, projects or questions - this is as congenial and helpful a group as you are likely to find online.

Eric, Welcome aboard the boards.  Beautiful Monte you have there.  Like others have said we love lots of pictures.  Where in Germany are you from. One of our past club Presidents used to live in Germany.  Please feel free to hit us with any questions you may have because we have a ton of knowledge in our people here.

rob

Welcome Eric. Beautiful car. I bet it sure turns some heads in Germany. I'm guessing you guys and gals have car shows there, if so, are there many American classic Cars there?

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm from Northern Germany - living with my family in the countryside between Berlin and Hamburg.

There are so many car enthusiasts in Germany but when you compare the US-Car community to other classic car niches on auto shows in Germany it is still familiar. But you can watch in these times more and more people are investing their money in classic cars so that the US-Car community is growing steadily...