hood rear weatherstrip/ gasket

rsorg

hi, i was washing my 72 and noticed holes on my hood in the back underneath ,is there supposed to be a gasket or a weatherstrip  attached to the under side ,there are holes about every 6 inches , thanks 

I'm at work, no pictures. This is the one I picked up & installed a few weeks ago. Pretty much resembles the original one. Ebay had the best price with the shipping factored in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/68-72-Chevelle-El-Camino-Rear-Hood-Weatherstrip-Seal-5070A-SoffSeal/254438642355?epid=2288057912&hash=item3b3db992b3:g:Hm8AAOSwhE9bhvZH

https://www.soffseal.com/ss-5070a

I don't think it included the clips to hold it in place. I also had to punch holes in the rubber too. I may have used regular black plastic umbrella push pins to hold it in place.   I think I trimmed them a bit so they weren't round either, like the doctored picture below. The correct clips are available, but stupid money if I recall.  I have boxes of the black ones 'in stock'.

pin.jpg

The clips didnt come with mine and the ones I got for cowl seal didn't fit quote tight enough but did work on. I never got around to putting the one back on the hood side. Maybe after I make the cowl scoop hood I will. I bought a hood a while back to do it.

hi guys ,so i went to tamraz yesterday nice new location in naperville il. i bought 2 weatherstrips one was 5070a v shape, and the 5070 molding that is completey different and had to by additional black plastic push clips (not round but rectangle )15 for 5 dollars i  have to cut the weatherstrip to accept the push clips it looks like i have to fasten the wiper hoses before i install the soft seal to the hood ,does anyone have a factory stock picture on how to correctly install the wiper fluid hoses and new seal thanks a lot roger

Here are some pics from the factory manual. The lesser quality pic is actually updated from the clear one. Notice the spray aim dimension is different, but it's easier to see.

wiper hoses1.pdf wiper hoses.pdf

Not sure in the real world how they would route. I see they have "plugs'  listed on the parts list that fill a couple of holes. My car is of no help, maybe someone here with an original car will know better. I don't recall my car having holes there though, but I'm at work and can't look right now. I didn't fill any holes when I had it apart though.