While not a fan of Fram oil filters, I found a pretty good price for a case of 3 Fram CA3492 14x4" air filters for $7.99. I was looking to replace the old one I had for years and googled the part number, found all sorts of prices. 

Even with shipping ($6.44), it was a grand total of $14.43 for 3. Took a chance and ordered them, figuring if they only sent 1, it was about the same price as Advance Auto or Autozone (never go there either). Rockauto has them for about $3.22 each right now, but with shipping it is still more than this place.

Arrived today, sure enough, a case of 3 new filters. They even have the chevy orange ring that you'll see with an open element lid, lol. Definitely fits under the hood with a factory LS6 hi-rise intake manifold.

http://www.grandcloseouts.com/fram-ca3492-extra-guard-round-air-filter-case-of-3/

Years ago I cut a bunch of oil filters apart to see what they looked like inside. Was off work recovering from shoulder surgery and had a lot of free time. The bulk of the Fram filters were pretty poor quality construction, compared to others with the same price point. Granted, they work fine for people, but for the same money I preferred something different. Unfortunately, they took over production of the ACDelco filters (which were made by Champ Labs) and sure enough the ACDelco filters resembled the Fram build quality after that transition. ACD filters with an "E" after them were not the same as the ones prior. Example: PF48 vs PF48E.

Check out some pics here (pretty long thread, with some updates near post #132 concerning the 'E' filters).

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3165118-pf48-vs-upf48r-2.html#post1582332944

I used to go through this all the time when I managed a parts store. I’ve seen the cut ups of a bunch of different brands. It’s been years since I’ve been there but I’m a Hastings or a wix guy. In the AC Delco world the E is for economy filter. I’ll still use a good Delco though but harder to find 

We had a CXS Buick Lucerne with the Northstar V8 that did not like the inexpensive AC Delco oil filters. Kept getting a message about no oil pressure. Changed to a NAPA Gold filter nad the light never came on again. My wife went to KY several years ago and my son in-law changed the oil and it happened again. He called me really upset because he thought he had screwed something up. Told him to change to a WIX or NAPA gold filter and that fixed the problem. One of the Technicians at the Buick dealership had the same problem on his Suburban and came up with this solution for his truck. The Cheaper oil filters do not have something inside the Gold and Wix filters do. As long as We put in the good filters we never had a problem with it.  Scared the living bejeebers out of me the first time though. Shut the car down for twenty minutes and it was fine for a day or two but always happened again.