Wiring Mysteries

I have a few wiring mysteries I'm hoping someone can help me with. Attached are a few photos...these are all either grounds that are not hooked up, wires that are cut or plugs not plugged in. Aside from a leak in the transmission pan the car is running great. One note is the A/C is not operating and the A/C compressor has been removed by a previous owner, so not sure if any of these are connected to that. Thank you!

Wiring ME1.JPG

Wiring S1.JPG

Wiring MC1.JPG

I think the yellow ones go to the starter terminal 'R' terminal to provide a bypass of the resistance wire during startup. Looks like you have an HEI distributor, so that probably eliminated it. I bet if you check the wire with an ohmmeter, it may be the same wire.

The brown one with the black cap looks like the one that goes to the brake distribution valve, mounted on the frame.

Black one in the same pic looks like a ground. 

I'll have to look on a schematic to see what the green one does. I think they used green for the temp sender, but could be A/C related.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy's Auto said:

Looks like your steering column is for a 4 speed car.

Yeah, looks like a clutch rod bellows to the right of it, with a plug in it to seal the hole.

Correct...the car was my Dad's and it was originally a 350 manual 3 on the tree...when my parents gave it to my brother to drive in high school he converted it to an automatic and put a 350 Blazer engine in it. I also drove the car in high school and first year of college, then we sold it in 92'. The car was long gone, but I got a wild idea in 2013 to try and find it (because my Dad was sick) and tracked it down (it was still in AZ) and convinced the owner to sell it back to me (with extra $$). Wish it was still manual and OG engine, but I count my lucky stars that I was able to get it back. Here are a couple of recent pixs + one of the day I picked it up in AZ and was able to give my Dad one last spin around the block in it...it's come a long way for sure. Now I just buttoning up all the details.

MC1.jpg

MC2.jpg

Gave Dad a ride after I picked it up.JPG

Real nice, glad you got to take your dad for a spin too.

Zero in on the coiled green wire and the 2 cut wires. Try to get colors of them, and if they have a white stripe or something on them.