washer fluid level indicator

Grant MacPherson

• 1 year later...

Hi Grant. I was surfing the forums and came across your post about the washer monitor paddles you fabricated. Any chance you have any left?  I’d love to buy one from you. Then all I’d need is the buoyant piece. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hi  Andrew

Sent me your mailing address and I will put one in the mail to you. My float looked like a foam cylinder and the paddle pushes through it to get some ajustment as to when you want it to show red. It might ytake a few days for me to find them but don't worry about the cost, glad to help.

Grant

Thanks Grant. I really appreciate that. I admire your ingenuity!  I’ve been thinking about trying something exactly like you made. Never got around to it and you nailed it exactly. I have some pieces of shipping foam that I was going to try to carve into a float, realizing it’s going to take some experimentation. Thanks for responding again. My info is:

Andrew Markoski, 243 N Pleasantview Road, Pottstown, PA 19464. Since your up in Canada I believe, please give me your PayPal address so I can send you something for the piece and shipping. I insist!  Thanks again! 

Also, I do have that diagram showing the placement of the monitor on the dash if you still need it. 

62BA5E2E-C32A-4DFF-ACEE-2F2D6148E28C.png

• Like 1

The little panel/indicator looks like an aftermarket piece, but it's got a factory hole for installation.... lol

And the high tech fiber optic connection reminds me of those little "trees" they had in the '70's where just the tips lit up. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 12:43 PM, Grant MacPherson said:

Hi  Andrew

Sent me your mailing address and I will put one in the mail to you. My float looked like a foam cylinder and the paddle pushes through it to get some ajustment as to when you want it to show red. It might ytake a few days for me to find them but don't worry about the cost, glad to help.

Grant

Thanks Grant. Got it over the weekend. The adjustment will be the fun part!!  I’ll let you know how it works out 

Hey Grant,

I was wondering how you made the indicators.......  I used black plastic, so I don't get the color coded signal that your's sends. Just light on or off. 

Luckily, I still have the original float, but I found something at Micheal's, kind of resembles a thin pool noodle. Or there's always the foam insulator they use for precast concrete. Most home supply places should carry it. 

Scott.

Ah, that's a good idea.....

I used some of the retaining framework from a model kit, shaped the end and glued a flat piece to it. Should have maybe gone with the clear plastic instead. 

But the bumps in the rod give it a more secure grip in the foam float.