where to get 71 Interior Package - Cloth

Looking to get an Interior package. Anyone purchased An Interior Package, Cloth seats Buckets? Is there any diffrence in what Company to get them from or the material they use. Any one have good or bad experiance? OPG/Paddock/Cars Inc/Year One? And how about the seat foam any diffrences?

If you're looking for black prima cloth seat covers, I believe your only choice is Cars Inc. Most online retailers carry either PUI or OPG interior products. I don't much care for OPGI and don't know if they make the cloth covers at all. I've spoken to the guys at PUI (they manufactured the vinyl seat covers I used in my Chevelle), and they don't do the cloth seats at all for cars older than '76. But the rest of the interior -- door panels, headliner, etc. -- they DO manufacture and they're my first choice.

Besides, I think you'll be happy with the covers from Cars Inc.

The last thing I knew, Year One carried the black bucket seat "prima cloth" or "knitcloth" custom-knit nylon seat covers for a '70, but I'm not sure about what all's available for a '71 - but I do know that their selection of patterns/materials/colors is very good for each year. I haven't ordered any seat covers, but everything else that I have ordered from Year One I have been very happy with. They have also treated me with respect, and I received the parts in a timely manner every time.

Others who post on this board who have talked about their experiences with C.A.R.S. inc. have had favorable experiences with them, as well.

I don't recall reading of any first-hand experiences with The Paddock.

Most people who mention their experiences with OPGI here don't care for them much. Either they were treated poorly or the colors weren't right. Shoot, even getting the correct catalog from them was a hassle back when I did that.

As far as bucket seat foam (sometimes referred to as "buns"), I believe it should be the same for each year of FGMC - as they used the GM corporate "Strato-Bucket" seat design. These seats were introduced in many GM models beginning with the '66 model year and were used through '72.

Hope this helps,

Dave