2021 FGMCC Carlisle Pa Mini-Meet

Rob Peters

This Mini-Meet will be from Thursday, June 24th to Sunday June 27th, 2021.  As in the past, this meet will be held in conjunction with the Carlisle Events Chevrolet Nationals.

You MUST be a dues paying member of the club to attend this club function and your dues will need to be current to keep club rate at this hotel. 

Our club host hotel will be the Fairfield Inn and Suites at 1528 East Commerce Ave.  Their phone number is 717-243-2080.  You can now start to make your 2021 Carlisle Mini-Meet Hotel Reservations.  I have heard from many members already who are planning to attend this meet.  So I can better track attendance and hotel reservations please send me an email for with the following information:

Last Name:

First Name:

Club Website Screen Name:

Name Of Others In Your Party (If Children are coming please give their name and ages:

Total # In Your Party:

City & State:

Arrival Date:

Depart Date:

Driving Or Trailering:

Year Of Your Monte

Color:

Vinyl Top:

Registration Class:

Hotel:

Room Type:

Email Address:

Copy and paste the above information into an email and send it to me at rob29ford@aol.com  You don't need to post this information here.

A large number of members will be arriving Thursday with club activities beginning that evening.  At this point in time we have not established an itinerary.  

Our club rates for Friday and Saturday nights are as follows:

Qn/Qn --------------$159.00     Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 

King------------------$159.00    Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 

Qn/Qn Suite--------$169.00       Changed to $129.00 by the hotel     Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

King Suite-----------$169.00      Changed to $129.00 by the hotel King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

The surrounding date rates are listed below (These would be the rates for Wednesday, Thursday and also Sunday and Monday Nights and are considered the surrounding dates)

Qn/Qn----------------------- $99.00

King--------------------------$99.00

Qn/Qn Suite--------------  $119.00  Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

King Suite----------------- $119.00  King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

If anyone has any issues making their hotel reservations at our club rates should contact me and I will get things straightened out, just email me at rob29ford@aol.com

You can also register your car for the Carlisle Events Chevrolet Nationals by going to their website at carlisleevents.com  Keep in mind, around Christmas they usually offer a discount so you may want to wait till then.  If I hear anything from them with any discounts I will post it in this forum thread.

rob

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note to everyone planning to attend my FGMCC Mini-Meet in June 2021 this coming June.  I got an email from the hotel today that they have significantly reduced our rates for the Friday and Saturday night stays.  The other nights rates are not going to change, only the Friday and Saturday nights.  Below I will post the new rates.  Please note, So I can keep track of how many rooms we still have in our block, please send me the tracking information I have posted in the first post in this string.  Here is the reduction:

Our club rates for Friday and Saturday nights are as follows:

Qn/Qn --------------$159.00     Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 

King------------------$159.00    Changed to $119.00 by the hotel 

Qn/Qn Suite--------$169.00       Changed to $129.00 by the hotel     Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

King Suite-----------$169.00      Changed to $129.00 by the hotel King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

The surrounding date rates are listed below (These would be the rates for Wednesday, Thursday and also Sunday and Monday Nights and are considered the surrounding dates)

Qn/Qn----------------------- $99.00

King--------------------------$99.00

Qn/Qn Suite--------------  $119.00  Qn/Qn Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

King Suite----------------- $119.00  King Suites are limited and not guaranteed to be available

If anyone has any issues making their hotel reservations at our club rates should contact me and I will get things straightened out, just email me at rob29ford@aol.com

You can also register your car for the Carlisle Events Chevrolet Nationals by going to their website at carlisleevents.com  Keep in mind, around Christmas they usually offer a discount so you may want to wait till then.  If I hear anything from them with any discounts I will post it in this forum thread.

Please note, if you had already made your hotel reservations as part of our block of rooms the hotel should automatically change these for you and send you an updated reservation.

rob

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like 10 to 15 of the 40 rooms in our block have already been spoken for.   I got a message from one of our members who said Carlisle Events told them that the FGMCC already has more registrations than any other club.  Keep them coming.  I am sure many of you up here in the Northeast are really looking for an event to attend after this past year of Covid-19.  We should have a nice size group.  I know I am really looking forward to it.

rob

• Like 1

Just a note to everyone, don't forget to register your car by going to https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=114      The same rules apply for classing your car as before for Stock, Street or Modified

Stock= No more than 3 alterations from factory stock

Street= No more than 6 alterations from factory stock

Modified=  7 or more alterations from factory stock.  

If you have any questions please send me an email at rob29ford@aol.com

rob

Hi Rob , Happy New Year to you and all Monte people! :) . We will be coming to the Mini Meet in Carlisle this year . Jim Covello and Carrie Jacka , driving Monte Blue 71 SS . One king bed for three nights , Thurs thru Sun , would be great. Looking forward to it . My email is SPYSDS@hotmail.com . Any thing else you need let me know ?   Thank you .

Jim,

Just three things.  1)  Vinyl Roof?   if yes, what color.   2)  What class Stock, Street or Modified.    3)Have you registered with Carlisle Events

rob

16 hours ago, Monte Blue said:

Hi  Rob, Vinyl Roof , yes Black . Class , Stock ( messed that up last year ) No I have not registered with Carlisle yet but will this week. Should I call the hotel ?  I have not done that yet .

Yes, you can call the hotel.  Make sure they give you the correct prices before you hang up.

rob

• 5 weeks later...

21 of the rooms in our block are already spoken for so only 19 rooms are remaining.  If you are planning to attend don't wait till the last minute to reserve your room and register your car.  When you register your car be sure to list the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as your club affiliation.  

You must be a dues paying member to attend and your dues must be current.

Also, don't forget, I need the following information from everyone who is coming:

Last Name:

First Name:

Name Of Others In Your Party (If Children are coming please give their name and ages:

Total # In Your Party:

City & State:

Arrival Date:

Depart Date:

Driving Or Trailering:

Year Of Your Monte

Color:

Vinyl Top:

Registration Class:

Hotel:

Room Type:

Email Address:

rob

On 1/2/2021 at 7:11 PM, Rob Peters said:

Just a note to everyone, don't forget to register your car by going to https://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=114      The same rules apply for classing your car as before for Stock, Street or Modified

Stock= No more than 3 alterations from factory stock

Street= No more than 6 alterations from factory stock

Modified=  7 or more alterations from factory stock.  

If you have any questions please send me an email at rob29ford@aol.com

rob

Rob,

I need clarification on classing, please ...

Would intake and carburetor be one modification or two?  Same question for aftermarket radiator and electric fans.

Does each individual part count as one?  Or does the former fall under “fuel delivery/induction” and the ladder under “cooling”?

I’ll be checking time off availability at work on those days, hope to be joining you folks for my maiden meet. 

Thanks!  

Glen, yes, each item is a different alteration so if you have an aftermarket intake manifold, aftermarket carb and aftermarket air cleaner that would be 3 alterations. 

rob

Just to let you know that it would be great to meet up with you at this mini meet. Like to know what  year Monte Carlo and are you driving or on trailer from Chicago? This one nice laidback , ( except for Rob of course) meet. Hope to see you there! post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 10:58 PM, Rob Peters said:

21 of the rooms in our block are already spoken for so only 19 rooms are remaining.  If you are planning to attend don't wait till the last minute to reserve your room and register your car.  When you register your car be sure to list the First Generation Monte Carlo Club as your club affiliation.  

You must be a dues paying member to attend and your dues must be current.

Also, don't forget, I need the following information from everyone who is coming:

Last Name:

First Name:

Total # In Your Party:

City & State:

Arrival Date:

Depart Date:

Driving Or Trailering:

Year Of Your Monte

Color:

Vinyl Top:

Registration Class:

Hotel:

Room Type:

Email Address:

rob

With 23 of the rooms already claimed for this mini-meet only 17 rooms remain

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if you realize this but there is less than 3 months until the Carlisle Mini-Meet in Carlisle Pa.  We still have rooms available.  I heard from Carlisle events that only 12 of you have registered.  We have more people than that already holding a room reservation you need to also need to get your car registered for the show.

Anyone who does not have a room yet and is unsure how to make your reservation please contact me as soon as you can.  At my last count we still have 17 rooms left out of the 40 rooms in our hotel block.  You can contact me either by a Private Message or send me an email at rob29ford@aol.com

This is a great way to meet a large group of our members in one place.

rob

• Like 1