Car wheel dollies

Ed Wieder

I purchase two sets of wheel dollies about $100 a set. They work okay when moving a light car. When used on my monte two people can barly move it. What did I do wrong? Please tell me what dollies work in moving our Montes. Thanks, ejw71, Ed

Hey Ed, my 1st question would be whats the floor/ground like, smooth / rough? Ive only had to push the rear of my Monte over some, but with a set from HF and a smooth garage floor I was able to push it by myself. 

Yea Dennis, those are the ones.. Ive only used twice to push the rear over a foot or so, was using as a reference for the original question because I was able to push it myself on a smooth floor. Had a recommendation from a blue oval owner and for $35 bucks for the pair I can't complain. 

I have a set of 2500# ones but I haven't used them yet. I move my cars too often to store them on the dollies. Maybe I'll donate them as a door prize for a future Western Meet.

21 hours ago, DragCat said:

Yea Dennis, those are the ones.. Ive only used twice to push the rear over a foot or so, was using as a reference for the original question because I was able to push it myself on a smooth floor. Had a recommendation from a blue oval owner and for $35 bucks for the pair I can't complain. 

You got schnookered by the blue oval 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Ya but yours weren’t 100$. But I need a set like you have. Or a new garage 

They were pricey, that's for sure. I could have got the cheaper ones from them, but wanted the added width to fit the ZR1 & truck tires if needed. That added a lot to the price.

Oil the axles and the ball bearings that the casters rotate on. I have to re-oil mine every year or two. I have a set with plastic casters, and a set with steel casters. I only use the plastic ones under the back of a car. The steel ones work the best under the front of the car. 

Dan