Holley sniper EFI

jim's 70

That’s a bit more aggressive then I need lol. Took advantage of cyber Monday and ordered it,,, got the return less system and the fuel tank... we will see how it goes 

It’s probably going to be a bit before it gets installed... but it’s been shipped!!!!! Who am I kidding. I’ll be out there in 12 degree weather installing it 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, jim's 70 said:

It’s probably going to be a bit before it gets installed... but it’s been shipped!!!!! Who am I kidding. I’ll be out there in 12 degree weather installing it 

Didn't think you were going to believe that lie. If you can feel your fingers, you aren't trying hard enough.

Good Lord, I am at the point of building the fuel system. I bought the $350 install kit from Blueprint and I just found out none of it works. Get to shop local to a bud to unload $1700 of my hard earned for a pump, regulator, and a set of filters. Then next week most likely $400 in lines and fittings. 

I know how will those wittle Snipers work, I hope the Dominator does the job.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 4:38 PM, Andy's Auto said:

I've installed around 20 of them so far this year. Easy Peasy. New one on me is this Dominator 4500 style on my Malibu engine. Supposed to feed 1400 horsepower. I need to feed 1200.

119829347_10221280111266356_2365353131850778972_n.jpg

When you're doing these installations are you using fuel return lines? I'm going this route myself and was wondering which would be the best. I am also looking at going with the Holley gas tank for our cars as well.  

I have the return less setup..... just because I’m lazy and it’s one less line to run. Picked up the tank as well....and it’s all sitting in storage until the weather gets warmer

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jim's 70 said:

I have the return less setup..... just because I’m lazy and it’s one less line to run. Picked up the tank as well....and it’s all sitting in storage until the weather gets warmer

Cool! So I have a question for you since you have the gas tank. Is the tank set up for a fuel return line? Or is that optional?

22 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

When you're doing these installations are you using fuel return lines? I'm going this route myself and was wondering which would be the best. I am also looking at going with the Holley gas tank for our cars as well.  

I ran -10 to the regulator and a -8 return to the tank. Got me one of those shmanshy $1100 brushless fuel pumps. I'm at my shop right now trying to get her running, but the FORD starter solenoid has failed me. 

10 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Cool! So I have a question for you since you have the gas tank. Is the tank set up for a fuel return line? Or is that optional?

I’d have to look, but I believe the pump/sending unit assembly has the port for the return line. Pretty sure you just put a plug in the fitting instead of a barb for a line 

56 minutes ago, Andy's Auto said:

I ran -10 to the regulator and a -8 return to the tank. Got me one of those shmanshy $1100 brushless fuel pumps. I'm at my shop right now trying to get her running, but the FORD starter solenoid has failed me. 

Those damn Ford parts lol. 

• Like 1

I have not done as many as Andy :) but I have done 2 of them so far and both installs went real nice. There is a Facebook group for them and the biggest problem I have seen is not taking the time to do a clean install. Make sure you ignition setup is good. I did a Caddy 500 and a SBC and did timing control on both of them. The Caddy was a little bit of a pain because they do not make the HyperSpark for it. Any questions, just ask.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2021 at 11:58 AM, jim's 70 said:

Those damn Ford parts lol. 

Hey, done yet? 

I fired mine up and it took all of twenty minutes for the police to respond to a noise complaint. At my shop. Beyond busy this week but hop to get to some tuning tomorrow. Runs a tad fat at idle.

4 hours ago, Andy's Auto said:

Hey, done yet? 

I fired mine up and it took all of twenty minutes for the police to respond to a noise complaint. At my shop. Beyond busy this week but hop to get to some tuning tomorrow. Runs a tad fat at idle.

Not yet.... probably won’t be pissing the neighbors off till the spring, no place to work and it’s too damn cold out lol

• 3 weeks later...

So, it looks like February 6th is the day, I’ve secured a garage,heat,beer and help... any tips, tricks....what am I going to forget? I’ve got the full return less kit and the fuel tank kit....going into a 72 454 car

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ian said:

I have not done as many as Andy :) but I have done 2 of them so far and both installs went real nice. There is a Facebook group for them and the biggest problem I have seen is not taking the time to do a clean install. Make sure you ignition setup is good. I did a Caddy 500 and a SBC and did timing control on both of them. The Caddy was a little bit of a pain because they do not make the HyperSpark for it. Any questions, just ask.

Did you retain the charcoal canister? 

On 1/1/2021 at 8:01 AM, Andy's Auto said:

Also I was wondering if in any of your installations if you have retained the factory charcoal canister? I'm trying keep the stock look.