Happy Thanksgiving To My Monte Family

Rob Peters

I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Patsy has been working on preparing some of the side dishes, cooking the corn-bread for the corn-bread stuffing and we have been doing all of the other things we usually do for the big Thanksgiving meal.  BUT things will be different this year.

Usually we have a dining room full of people but not this year.  With the Covid-19 numbers being higher in this area now than they have been all year we won't have everyone over this year.  What we are going to do is get everything cooked  and ready and deliver it to those who would normally be around our dinner table.  Yes, we could take the risk and go ahead and have everyone over but we now know several people who have died from Covid and don't want to take the chance (our choice).

With things going back into some modified shutdown modes it is our hope that by Christmas the numbers will be on the decline and those who would normally belly up to our dining room table will bre able to be there for Christmas Dinner.

However  you are able to celebrate your Thanksgiving this year it is my hope everyone has a save and Happy Thanksgiving.

rob

• Like 1

Happy & safe Thanksgiving to everyone!

I'll be working a 12 hour nightshift at the power plant. Plan is to deep fry a turkey for the bunch of us that'll be here, so at least we'll be eating good.

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Big or small or no gathering I hope everyone is safe and happy! 

This is the holiday where my family usually swap cars or projects. Lolol 

• Like 1

We had planned for my brother Steve from Lexington SC and Baby Bro Andy from Michigan here but with the Covid crap running rampant in our area they both canceled thank goodness. Do not need anymore family members to test positive. My mom tested positive last week but has yet to show any symptoms, hope there are none as she is 94 yrs old and does not need that added to her broken leg she got toe weeks ago. The nursing homes are shut down so no visiting is allowed so she has not seen us in three weeks and even then we only got 20 minutes of visitation.

• Sad 1

I also extend a safe and happy thankgiving to all. Our table went from about 30 to two. Karen and I so it will be different also.  Karen works as an office manager in a nursing home so no people over hence my stacation two weeks ago. I told her not to even do dinner but she doing the whole spread just smaller portions. I love leftovers. Again safe and happy day to all

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!!   We have cut down also usually about 35 people, down to 7. Still haven't seen in person or held one of our grandsons. They live in a different State and when we were good here they weren't and the other way around. This really stinks!!!   But looking at the positive side i have 4 grandsons and they are all healthy and growing like crazy!!!    If i learned anything this year, its to count your blessings. Because you never know....

Happy Thanksgiving and be safe everyone!!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!

That looks great Joe, where is the light beer?

Joe that blotch on the bottom of your paper work must be killing you!!! lol

No beer, just wine, lol (j/k)

I think you're seeing clear tape on the plexiglass sheet that we have to cover a bunch of stuff we keep for reference. Someone tried taping it down because the sheet underneath kept floating around every time you came near it.