12 point bolts

rsorg

hi,  I have 12 point bolts that are on my hood latch (4)that hold the device to the radiator core are there any other place on the core support where these go , i have extras not,sure where they go,if anywhere,thanks roger

On 71 and 72s there are 4 that hold the upper radiator plate on and I have seen them on the upper latch striker on the hood itself,  3 of them,  besides the hood latch where you have them.

12 in total ,12 point bolts. 3 on the hood, 4 radiator plate and 4 for the hood latch. (2 to the rad support,2 to the tie bar/grille support and one to the support on the pass. side that holds the horn. Regular 6point bolt on driver's side horn if a dual horn car.) 

I had the 12 points in the upper and lower hood latch areas as Tom mentioned. My Radiator top plate was held in place with 6 point bolts though (4 total) . '72 - Van Nuys plant, originally with a 402.

• 3 weeks later...

So to add to this. I bought the master body kit from amk and it came with 12 point bolts for hood latch and the part that goes on the hood. I just became more confused( that in itself should surprise no one)

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So to add to this. I bought the master body kit from amk and it came with 12 point bolts for hood latch and the part that goes on the hood. I just became more confused( that in itself should surprise no one)

That part's right. I had extras left over from my Master Kit, but I re-used some of my originals because I had already painted them then I did the latch, etc.