ARH - American Racing Header - Reviews anyone currently running them?

snomobeelr

You should never have to take a hammer to a new set of headers .  Way too much money to settle for a set of beat up headers .Definitely send them back . Poor quality workmanship !! 

You would not take a hammer to a new set of wheels because they rub the fender well , same difference !!!

How did the driver side go ? That was the tricky one for me but as mentioned the pass side slid right in.

I would definitely call them and tell them they don't fit, take some more good pictures of the issue spots. Not saying you didn't post good pictures here. 

And don't massage them with a hammer, if you do you own them 

Keep us posted 

So I tried again this morning with my sons help. Able to get passenger side in. No gasket yet, not fully tightened , just verifying they fit 1st. But she's real tight on the lower control arm ream mount (horn) barley fit a paint stir stick in there. Really nice headers, seem bigger than the 1 7/8 Patriots I just took off.  I know nothing ever 100% ,  every car a bit different. Wasn't planning on a hammer.  I wanna see how they both are prior to contacting ARM 1ST.  Thanks guys !!!119981863_passsideback-lowercontrolarmmount3.thumb.jpg.388a0481ffdd974e371e0a2a777953da.jpg119981863_passsideback-lowercontrolarmmount3.thumb.jpg.388a0481ffdd974e371e0a2a777953da.jpg

pass side back-lower control arm mount.jpg

IMG_5860.jpg

pass side back-lower control arm mount 6.jpg

That clearance is good as long as the engine doesn't move much. I'm sorry to say, with those motor mounts it won't be long before she moves. That engine should tear those apart. 

There will always be a little movement. I used the mounts from Chris Alston chassis works. We are going to use these on my son's pro street Monte also.  They are a little pricy but you will never break them. Now they make the upper part in black steel. My son purchased those instead of the aluminum  ones I have. 

IMG_1851.JPG

PXL_20211226_212849427.jpg

10 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

There will always be a little movement. I used the mounts from Chris Alston chassis works. We are going to use these on my son's pro street Monte also.  They are a little pricy but you will never break them. Now they make the upper part in black steel. My son purchased those instead of the aluminum  ones I have. 

Hey Tom, are those the GM A Body (chevelle) mounts? Look nice, and yea a little pricey 

Yes they are. But to fit the Monte Carlo properly they must be flipped and swapped from side to side. The reason for the 2nd pic of the frame mount. The engine side just bolts on. You will have to drill 3 new holes for the frame mount. 2 on one side and 1 hole on the other. Great piece! Especially for a high HP and torque engine. 

Those look really nice but I don't wanna re-invent the wheel . I know it's the nature of the beast , snowball effect. But every time I make a change I have to change 2 or 3 other things. Wondering if there is something that I can use the current frame side engine mount with. Don't think I can get in there to drill holes without lifting motor way up. I did not realize how much she was moving until I puled the driver side header out. But the new ARH doesn't sent appear to be as close. 

IMG_5928.jpg

pass sie 2.jpg

pass side 3.jpg

So the passenger side is basically the same location to the proportioning  valve as the Patriots were. I did address this concern when I ordered the headers. The lower rear control arm - horn  is pretty tight. Gonna grind the horn away to get more clearance.   

driver side prop valve 2.jpg

driver side prop valve 1.jpg

driver side prop valve.jpg

Drivers sideside lower control arm rear horn 1.jpg

Drivers sideside lower control arm rear horn 1.jpg

You can relocate the proportioning valve with a bracket sold for Chevelles from vendors. But you will have to remove the header again to unblot it from the location it's in now. Kevin fabricated his own for my son's pro street Monte. We only relocated it because we don't know how big of a header tube we will be using and since we were there we figured "what the heck."

PXL_20220116_212834185.jpg