washer fluid level indicator location

Grant MacPherson

I asked this awhile ago and didn't get a reply,  I am installing the fluid level control and would like to know if the original kit came with a install template to position the dash indicator or was it just a random choice left to the installer? I have measurments off the old dash but I am guessing it was a later install as it only had a screw hole and not the positioning hole for the plastic stub.

thanks

Grant

The one on my original Monte, many, many ,many years ago was located under the dash, to the left of the steering column but above and to the right of the emergency brake release handle. 

I'm sure someone may be able to take a pic of theirs and post it for you. 

Grant, don't know if this is proper but its how mine looks. One screw holding the indicator dash, sorry the pic isn't the best lol. In the 2015 OPGI catalog on pages 74&75 (pedal pads and accessories) it shows in 2 different pics about the same location. I would have thought the factory would have had a better idea for the cable route but maybe thats the way it is or mine isn't factory. 

Fluid.jpg

thanks guys, your picture shows a little higher than the one I removed but mine was not factory or dealer. There is the screw hole and on the back of the display there is a plastic nib that would fit into a hole to prevent the display from turning. Mine didn't have the extra hole so the diplay did not sit flat.

thanks again

Grant

• Like 1