NOS/Replacement Washer Squirter Nozzles

TheBMan

I need to replace the washer squirter nozzles on my 72 Monte Carlo Custom. They appear to be readily available in the aftermarket but the parts sold do not match what's on my car, which I assume are original. Attached is a photo of what I'm working with. The aftermarket pieces don't have the locating pin, are a different length, and different shape. I've called a couple of the aftermarket suppliers but finding someone who actually wants to figure out a solution is difficult.

Does anyone know of a supplier or does anyone have one or two they would like to sell to me? I really just need one but would love a set.

Thanks!

squirter.jpg

1 hour ago, MC1of80 said:

I just seen an NOS one on eBay. Check under 1971 Monte Carlo nos and 1970 Chevelle nos. 

YES! Found it on eBay. Last one. NOS part appears to be correct. Not cheap but whatcha gonna do?

Does not list it for a Monte Carlo (was listed under 71-72 Chevelle) and technically they should be different, but whatever, I'll take it! Thank you @MC1of80

nos-squirter.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I have the drivers side one on a 72 hood I acquired, the one on pass side is broke. They are a little different than the ones off my 71 but close. If you get in a jam let me know I won't be using it.

20201218_142838.jpg

@cny first gen 71 - Thank so much! I just bought a NOS part on eBay. Yours probably would have been cheaper. LOL I very much appreciate you stepping up. If the eBay item turns out to be wrong, I'll message you for sure. Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheBMan said:

YES! Found it on eBay. Last one. NOS part appears to be correct. Not cheap but whatcha gonna do?

Does not list it for a Monte Carlo (was listed under 71-72 Chevelle) and technically they should be different, but whatever, I'll take it! Thank you @MC1of80

nos-squirter.png

Oh yea I would have let it go for 40 :rofl:just kidding 

• Haha 1

What's wrong with them?

70 is different than 71/72.

After 49 years, they may not be original.

I haven't used my washers in decades.

I met a gut with a 71 that had a 70 ft clip on it and he didn't know till I showed him.

2 hours ago, stangeba said:

What's wrong with them?

70 is different than 71/72.

After 49 years, they may not be original.

I haven't used my washers in decades.

I met a gut with a 71 that had a 70 ft clip on it and he didn't know till I showed him.

One of them is cracked at the joint where the tube meets the mounting bracket - someone probably tried to bend it for some reason and it cracked at the weakest point.

I'll probably never use them, I want the car to be correct and fully functional.

I'm pretty confident they are original - the rest of the car is original and they look like others I've seen in pictures of 72's. Just a hunch but pretty confident.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, TheBMan said:

One of them is cracked at the joint where the tube meets the mounting bracket - someone probably tried to bend it for some reason and it cracked at the weakest point.

Both of mine were bent/cracked. I just straightened them out & soldered them to seal the crack. Like you, I'll never use them, but at least they look OK.

Because I have plenty time to do nothing today, I looked up the nozzles.

Just for searching, here's the 1971 GM car parts catalog page. I'd say the Chevelle uses the same nozzle. 454 Chevelles got a domed hood so they were different.

squirter number.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

Because I have plenty time to do nothing today, I looked up the nozzles.

Just for searching, here's the 1971 GM car parts catalog page. I'd say the Chevelle uses the same nozzle. 454 Chevelles got a domed hood so they were different.

squirter number.jpg

@Paul Bell - I'm jealous. I'd love to have a parts index for my car. I've looked but only found one that was in horrible condition and basically useless. Having the original part number is so helpful at times.

I actually have a bunch of printed catalogs, mostly that cover several years and models but they lack in some areas.

I have a prized 1971 Chevelle Nova & Camaro catalog which shows every part.

As the parts are no longer available, it’s mostly useful for verifying what came on a vehicle and what was shared between models.

IMG_20201219_184738107.jpg

• Like 1

I have a couple that I scanned and put in a .pdf format (but not searchable like some). I can upload them to a cloud drive and post a link if there's any interest.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:22 PM, jft69z said:

I have a couple that I scanned and put in a .pdf format (but not searchable like some). I can upload them to a cloud drive and post a link if there's any interest.

I'm sure there are many who would like that. I know I would! Thanks @jft69z

2 hours ago, TheBMan said:

I'm sure there are many who would like that. I know I would! Thanks @jft69z

I'll get them loaded to a cloud drive and post it somewhere. Give me a couple of days.

See if this works. Should be parts manuals, a 72 Monte, 69 Camaro Assembly Manuals and some Factory Service manuals.  As I find more, I'll add them to the drive. If the link doesn't work,  let me know. I don't usually use the Google drive (my usual go to - One Drive is getting full).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=18_OJynVVlC5yS2hAUTCQV0oXmGazawUC

16 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

The parts catalogs work great. They should be posted as stickeys. Thanks

Good. I found a '71 Fisher Body Manual too, I'll upload that tomorrow when I get home from work. (they block google drive here at work for some reason)

I can post it in a separate heading, so they'll come up in a search.  I'll see what Rob thinks & go from there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

See if this works. Should be parts manuals, a 72 Monte, 69 Camaro Assembly Manuals and some Factory Service manuals.  As I find more, I'll add them to the drive. If the link doesn't work,  let me know. I don't usually use the Google drive (my usual go to - One Drive is getting full).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=18_OJynVVlC5yS2hAUTCQV0oXmGazawUC

This is GREAT! Thanks @jft69z!!!