Slow progress

TommySS454

1 hour ago, TommySS454 said:

Yea I'm going to have to drill new holes for the SS emblem. At this point I wish that was my biggest problem.

Ain’t no doubt. But I thought I’d through a little humor in for you

Actually a tidbit, the SS emblem on the tail panel bolts right up to the existing holes for the "By Chevrolet" emblem. On 71's only. The spacing of the holes on a 70 is different. Ask me how l know. Lololol

The donor of that tail panel was a 70 from California so I'll have to fill and drill. I was hoping my SS emblem would bolt up but no such luck. I'm hoping to get the body set on the frame soon to check out the trunk floor fit , before I start welding it up.

• Like 1

Funny tidbit story to Carl’s question. I bought a trunk floor for my 70 chevelle and when we moved I wanted to store it with the car so it didn’t get damaged. I got it it the trunk somehow and now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it out. I’ve got about two hours total invested in trying and it’s still in there. Might just put a mat in there and say done!!!

• Haha 1

Same here, body off the frame and brought it up from the bottom. The back end up as high as I could get it, then slid forward to overlap the rear of the floor pan.

One thing im concerned about is it looks more narrow near the inner wheel houses. Like a half inch from touching the wheel houses.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thought I would just add to this ancient thread with a new pic. Since I didn't get anything done but motorcycle riding this summer I was going to get to work on the Monte while it's cold out. 

All new wheel houses, trunk extensions, and full quarters on order. Now I'm being told AMD is backordering the quarters until mid March and the wheelhouses until May. Out of all that I ordered I got one inner wheelhouse and a trunk extension...for opposite sides.IMG_20211230_170008482.thumb.jpg.e037fbf808a248c577dfc71d37bc6ce8.jpg

• Like 6

I gotta hand it to you guys that have the skills to pull s@&t like this off. Not only do I NOT have skills, I’m extremely impatient. Waiting months for parts to try and get a car put back together would drive me bananas. Keep up the good work… I’ll enjoy living vicariously thru you really mechanically inclined guys.