mono to stereo dash

sendo

I got the ones from Retro Sound. They fit pretty good, especially because the Dakota Digital dash takes up a little more room on the driver side than the original one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jft69z said:

I got the ones from Retro Sound. They fit pretty good, especially because the Dakota Digital dash takes up a little more room on the driver side than the original one.

are you happy with them, how many watts are you running to them and how is the sound?

I have the Custom AutoSound 740 head unit, which I use to drive these speakers, and the rest of the speakers go thru a dedicated amplifier. The specs for that radio say 45 watts output per speaker into a 4 ohm load. They don't sound bad, have pretty good mids & highs. Not really a lot of bass, but that's to be expected from something this small. Realistically, there aren't too many options. Some guys get OEM speakers re-coned, but I doubt they'd sound better than these.

If I had to do it over again, I'd still get these. I looked at a number of speakers prior to getting these, but no matter what I searched for, they would have been a problem on the driver side.

• Like 1

Yes. I was just looking them up, lol. I got them from Amazon at the time for $89.99, but it looks like Crutchfield now has them cheaper, plus it looks like free shipping too. Summit has them for the same price as Crutchfield, if you can get over the free shipping threshold by ordering other things you may need.

I looked at Pioneer, Polk, Kicker, Kenwood, plus anything else at the time. The magnets on those were just too large, especially with the D/D dash. Look at the pictures they have, you'll see the difference in construction.