Fuel pump to carburetor line question

mikeringland

I am in the process of swapping my 350 for a 454 in my 72. I was under the impression the fuel pump to carburetor fuel line would work, but it’s not long enough. The 454 has an Edelbrock intake and I’m using the same Quadrajet for now. I also bought a new stock 454 fuel pump because I was told my 350 fuel pump wouldn’t be strong enough to feed the 454, is that true?

I've been looking for the correct line and there are just so many different options that would seem like they would work. Does anyone know the exact one I need, am I better off just bending and flaring my own line?

Thanks for the help,

Mike

My car had a Edelbrock manifold with the original carb when I bought it. The previous owner had the wrong fuel pump on it and cut the fuel line. He sent me a the original intake and a bunch of parts. I installed the original intake and a new fuel pump. I ordered a new fuel line and installed it not realizing he had sent me a few line with the extra parts.. So I have an extra line if you need one. 

On a quick search of fuel pump parts, it does appear that there is a difference between small block and big block pumps. IMHO i'd install a new one just because your dropping in a new motor. If Pauls line doesn't work, you could just bend your own, I know my local Oreilys sells different lengths of 3/8 flared tubes so all you would need to do is bend it. Sounds like you have a flare tool so I guess thats not an issue, just saying.