I got mad

Dtret

So I’m venting. I am trying to measure pinion depth on my rear end. Every time I measure it it comes up different by 4 inches. Sometimes 3 or 5. So I changed the battery. No difference. I now need a new digital caliper. It won’t show false readings anymore. Lol 😆. Caliper vs. toolbox. We have a winner. 

FB33D0DC-2484-46AF-BD47-9E09FB7511BA.jpeg

• Haha 3

It's therapeutic, isn't it?

Wish I had a camera when I sledge hammered the old push lawn mower into the pavement.

stereo1.jpg

20131001_102559_Android.jpg

• Haha 1

It really is, as long as you have replacements. Karen reminded me when I threw the leaf blower thru the drywall in the garage and kept swinging trying to get it to go thru the exterior bricks of the house. I stopped to much work to fix the bricks. Drywall is easy. 

O ya forgot this one. Zero turn kept getting stuck( wet dirt not the lawnmowers fault). I couldn’t hurt the dirt so I drove it into the creek and let it “think about it “ for the day

40199695-1E28-4D20-80FA-450C5304978C.jpeg

lol   Too funny!!!    I just walk away because i know i am going to have to fix it, or it is going to take away from my Monte money. So i walk away alot. Find myself a few blocks away sometimes.   Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've been down that road many times.  I try not to take my anger out on anything that is gonna cost me money.  Just allot of cussing and slamming my fest down on something. 😡😡😡🤪😜🍻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rsorg said:

that looks like a pioneer sx 780 stereo ?

I don't remember, lol. All I remember is it used to drop the sound intermittently, so I would have to give it a slap on the side to get it back. It got worse & worse, tried looking for loose connections and solder joints, etc., no luck. Finally one day, I kept slapping it harder and harder, getting more and more enraged....next I just started smashing it with that ball peen hammer. Good thing it had an insulated handle, because I never bothered to kill the power....just didn't care. It was a good sounding unit though, when it worked.

Same fate for that weed whacker. Chucked it like a spear across the driveway first, then went to my trusty sledge hammer to separate it into recyclable parts.

I have a sign in my garage " WARNING  Watch For Flying Tools".  Makes the neighbors think twice about asking for my opinion, hee, hee,post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg you may find some tools outside the garage on the hill too.

Edited by 420ponies
added content
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This could be a whole new fun thread. Instead of “what did you do to your Monte today” ( which I enjoy reading). What did you break in anger today. Just kidding. I’ll bet some of the stories would be interesting. Lol. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 420ponies said:

I have a sign in my garage " WARNING  Watch For Flying Tools".  Makes the neighbors think twice about asking for my opinion, hee, hee,post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg you may find some tools outside the garage on the hill too.

When I was sledge hammering the push lawn mowers into pieces (there were 2 that day actually, the spare one kept dying on me too...hottest day of the year besides), I looked up and saw what turned out to be a new, next door neighbor I hadn't met yet on his shiny new red Craftsman rider stopped and staring at me. I looked up at him and yelled, "WHAT...you want me to tune yours up too?". He nervously shook his head side to side and sped off. He turned out to be a real nice guy though, great neighbor. 🤣

My b*tch of an ex-fiancé was looking out the kitchen window apparently and saw it all too. She was real nice to me that night, lol. I did a lot of concrete work that year and was pretty good with that hammer...

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 1:28 PM, Dtret said:

So I’m venting. I am trying to measure pinion depth on my rear end. Every time I measure it it comes up different by 4 inches. Sometimes 3 or 5. So I changed the battery. No difference. I now need a new digital caliper. It won’t show false readings anymore. Lol 😆. Caliper vs. toolbox. We have a winner. 

FB33D0DC-2484-46AF-BD47-9E09FB7511BA.jpeg

If it makes ya feel better, I love the fact that you work on your car in Bear Paw slippers. Nuthin keeps the tootsies warmer, particularly on the concrete floor of a detached garage in the winter. I love mine. Only negative?  My feet smell worse than a dirty diaper left in a hot car with the windows up after donning the Bear Paws for more than 10 minutes. 

9 hours ago, Glen said:

If it makes ya feel better, I love the fact that you work on your car in Bear Paw slippers. Nuthin keeps the tootsies warmer, particularly on the concrete floor of a detached garage in the winter. I love mine. Only negative?  My feet smell worse than a dirty diaper left in a hot car with the windows up after donning the Bear Paws for more than 10 minutes. 

That’s funny. I didn’t notice that. I was just taking the picture. I couldn’t do any more till I bought a new caliper. So I was in my relaxing(tv shoes). This car is in my basement so it’s toasty down there. If I worked in them I’d have 10 broken toes. Lol

I usually put the offending object in the back yard on a container of Tannerite. Next have a seat on the deck while I get a good pic of the Tannerite in the scope and drink a cold beverage. After I calm down I slowly squeeze the trigger and the offending object is no longer a problem. 

• 1 month later...

there was some good advice in an old motorcycle mag many years ago  from a mechanic..."I always keep my ball peen hammer at least 10 paces from my work"    figuring by the time he gets up, retrieves it ,he has cooled down enough not to use "the persuader"-  always chuckled at that-and never forgot it!!!!  

42 minutes ago, Blake350 said:

there was some good advice in an old motorcycle mag many years ago  from a mechanic..."I always keep my ball peen hammer at least 10 paces from my work"    figuring by the time he gets up, retrieves it ,he has cooled down enough not to use "the persuader"-  always chuckled at that-and never forgot it!!!!  

Guess the ball peen hammer was too close to my old stereo, lol