Shorty Headers for a 72 BB 402

JG72

I couldn't find the answers I was looking for about this topic and need feedback from folks who have shorty headers on their BB please. What brand did you get, how was the fit and quality, and does it add to the sound much. I'm under the impression that they bolt right up to the exhaust without modification. I'm changing out the manifolds (leaking) and didn't want the hassle that comes with long tubes. Thanks!

IMG_0673.jpg  

Lol which one? My 70 SS -3823 made, 71 402 auto- 8633 or the 71 402 4 speed- 1 of 80? The 4 speed is being restored very slowly, 😭lolol 

P.S.  I know which one you meant. Lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got headman shorties, with ball & socket flanges. Not so good. I had to modify the headers to allow access to the oil filter, and the ball & socket idea sounds good on paper, but required longer bolts, and springs under the heads of the bolts to keep them snug. They do NOT stop where the factory manifolds did, so some fab of the downpipes was required.