sail panels coming loose

Having trouble with the glue on the sail panels.It is the 4th or 5th time to redo this after a while the glue lets go.Bought new panels and new headline material and 3m glue and other kinds of glue .tired of having to remove seats and panel to get them out.What is the best way to solve this.Thanks

3M Super Trim Adhesive, 08090 is what I use. Sticks like...glue, lol. I've tried others, this stuff is good. Welcome to the forum & we like pictures, so post some of your ride if you get time.

Joe T

From the Manufacturer:

3M Trim Adhesive is a fast-acting, high-strength, aerosol contact adhesive for automotive repair and restoration projects. This trim adhesive creates a secure bond between materials such as vinyl, insulation, foam, padding and rubber to impervious materials such as metal. Installing new headliners and car hood installation pads are common uses for this adhesive. The trim adhesive is resistant to both heat, moisture.and plasticizing oils.

Applying the adhesive is fast and easy with the aerosol spray can. Simply be sure that both surfaces to be joined are clean and dry. Apply three coats of adhesive to each surface. Spray the third coat in the opposite direction of the first two applications. Allow the adhesive to dry until tacky, which generally takes about five minutes. Finally, mate the surface to be bonded with firm, uniform pressure.

I've used that also but I will tear it down again when it warms up a little and try it again.Got extra material fro Cars Inc.Have been on this site before but had to change my email would not take the other as I forgot my password and I don't know computers too good too old for this to learn.But my 71 I have I bought it new in 71.Don't know how to post pics too good but will try

IMG_0246.JPG

• Like 6