Cliff’s High Performance Review (Quadrajet parts and repair)

So I decided to rebuild the Quadrajet on my 72 Monte Carlo. I rebuilt a fair number of them back in the day but it's been many years so I decided to refresh my memory by reading and watching videos. My Quadrajet is original to my car and I wanted to be sure it was done right and with the proper parts. I had heard of Quadrajetparts.com as they seem to be the big dog on be block but then I discovered Cliff's High Performance right here in my backyard in Ohio. He's been around for more than 25 years doing Quadrajet stuff.

I called and Cliff himself answered. We talked for almost an hour. Super nice guy and definitely knows his stuff. I decided to make the one-hour drive to meet him and see his shop.

He has a shop behind his house in rural Ohio just outside Mt. Vernon. Carbs and parts and tools everywhere. He showed me his inventory of custom-made parts that he has recreated and had manufactured over the years - amazing. I took my carb with me (disassembled) and he showed me what was good and what was bad. He inserted new primary shaft bushings in the lower plate and provided all of the new parts and advice I needed to reassemble and setup my carb properly.

This guy is full of knowledge and he likes to share it. I highly recommend getting in touch with him if/when you need Quadrajet parts or service. He literally does it all and has it all - alot of it he has, as I mentioned, manufactured specifically for his business. He'll sell you a screw (or any other part you could possibly think of), he'll sell you a complete carb or he'll rebuild yours.

Good stuff. Highly recommend.

• Like 7

Thanks, good info!

Years ago I had mine rebuild and bushings replaced but not here.

• Like 1