Gauge upgrade

420ponies

Started gauge upgrade,lots of broken tabs on gauge bucket. Think somebody else has been in it. Different bolts around it. I now have the dash out of car, going to clean, change out A/C vents (leghome) . Anyone know where I can find a gauge bucket in good condition? also kick panels. I should have removed them before dropping dash. Now scratched. Learning curve I guess.

Check your heater core for leaks. Not sure if with A/C is easy or hard but worth checking IMO.

7 hours ago, 420ponies said:

Started gauge upgrade,lots of broken tabs on gauge bucket. Think somebody else has been in it. Different bolts around it. I now have the dash out of car, going to clean, change out A/C vents (leghome) . Anyone know where I can find a gauge bucket in good condition? also kick panels. I should have removed them before dropping dash. Now scratched. Learning curve I guess.

I remember having new vents in my new dash but could not remember who got the new replacements for my old dash

Just looking for the gauge bucket. found some stuff at the parts place. looks quality for sure. Looking where to send out clock to be repaired or to quartz upgrade. Might use new lens  piece too.

I have rebuilt 2 clocks. If you take it apart carefully and clean the clock works and points it should start working again. They just get full of crud and stop working. My clock doesn't keep perfect time but still runs and it's original. As for the lens, I had a pretty bad scratch in mine but I was able to buff and polish it out. If you decide to go with a quartz clock let me know, I would be interested in your old clock....good luck