Install engine with trans attached?

496Bowtie

Is there enough room to install the 454 with auto transmission attached? Do I have to take the hood off?  I pulled the transmission to fix leaks and now need to replace the engine oil pan gasket which I can do in the car. But I don't know if I can possibly get the top transmission bolts back in and was considering pulling the motor instead. I already have the radiator removed for re-core and one header off.

To put the engine and trans back in together you will have to pull the hood to get the angle you need to get them in together. If you leave the engine in you will be able to install the trans and have room to get the bolts in.good luck

Not to contradict Kevin, (he posted while I was in the middle of replying lol) I believe there are one or two folks here that have reinstalled without removing the hood. I am NOT one of them so I will let them chime in for specifics. That being said I installed the motor and then installed the trans, you can reach all the bolts. And yes I also removed the hood. Good Luck