Restoration of 1970 402 monte

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

Sounds great! Is it a 70 with 71 rear SS trim/treatment?

Yes sir.  1970 is the only year for me cause I like the round lights in the front bumper not the rectangular 71 or built in 72

• Like 1

I was waiting for that question. They are original from a l78 69 chevelle that was turned into a race car the first month of its life. They were wrapped up for 52 years until they were sold to me

• Like 1

That’s what I thought. I have some after market tips that have the rolled edge. I think. The pipe diameter is too small. I always used to ask the vendors at swap meets to repro them. No luck with that. They all say the rolled edge is too hard to make. I think they would sell a ton of them.I love the look.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, 70white402 said:

8FA246C0-20B0-4C2B-923A-D7E742ACAE46.jpeg

Good luck took me over three months to get it all. Customer service was horrible ( in my case) after they got my money. You can’t get them by phone,the message says to use the website which they never reply to. And all this with product they said they had in stock. I was (and still am) still upset ( not the word I want to use)with their service. My blue cloth I asked for I wanted all from the same run, I came in three pieces so who knows. Good luck. Could have just been my luck ( not surprising). 

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks good.  I just got the nos trim for under the passenger headlight in today. And the rocker trim for the passenger side. That was tough to find.That nos grill hurt my portfolio a lot also.

F1BBA0B4-6538-49DB-BB0B-81B9EF1E228D.jpeg

0EB94916-3D67-4CE4-8C80-56E0A174434C.jpeg

• Like 1