Quadrajet choke with Edelbrock Intake

mikeringland

Guys,

I recently swapped my 350 for a 454 in my 72. I'm planning on using my original Quadrajet carb for the time being off of my 350. The choke mounting plate does not match the one on one Edelbrock big block intake. Right now there is just a blank off plate there and the bolt pattern is different.

Does anyone know where I can find the correct choke/choke plate for this intake? I tried calling Edelbrock and never reached anyone. I also looked at OPGI with no luck. 

The other question is how crucial is the choke? I live in MA and typically only drive the car from April to October, so it's never really started when it's very cold out. 

Thanks,

Mike 

The choke is a personal preference. I myself live in NY and don't have chokes on 3 out of 5 first gens. The other 2, a 71 SS454 and 71 "barn find" 402 are totally stock and have the chokes. 

Look up a choke stove for a 71 402 with a quadrajet. If that doesn't work, look up electronic Rochester choke. That may work better for you. 

Screenshot_20210203-131839.png

I think most of the aftermarket intakes don't have the exhaust crossover required to run a divorced choke. Even if you could mount one, there is no heat supply to run it. Those intakes require using either a manual choke, or an electric choke, or none at all.