Alternator questions

Dtret

Looks correct, unless your build sheet says K85, which appears to be the RPO code for the 63 amp alternator.

The GM heritage center docs show that part number too, for those engines, thought it says 37 amps for the Chevelle, etc part number. Scroll down to the 'AMA Specification forms' section, lot of good info and part numbers there.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits/Monte-Carlo/1971-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo.pdf

71 alt.JPG

I printed that out awhile ago but it left me confused on the alternator. 1100843 is a 61 amp. I found one date code correct and remanufactured so I bought it. Now I’m not sure it’s correct. The one I took off was dated 69 and 37 amp. More research. Thanks Joe 

19 minutes ago, Jerry Skidmore said:

1100843 would be correct if you don’t have the K85 option. I believe the fan and pulley should both be silver zinc.

No k85 option on build sheet. That’s what I was thinking on the fan and pulley but you look at internet pics and there all over the place. Joe sent me a list of colors for restoration,dahm good list,but it didn’t have the pulley on it and I’ve seen them cadmium plated as well. Thanks