Q jet fuel line fitting

Dtret

So P.O. cut the line and put a nipple in the fitting. Problem is I don’t think that I have the correct fuel filter fitting. It’s accepting a 1/4 in fitting. The pump to carb hose is 3/8 with 3/8 fittings and does not fit. Is there a different fitting for the fuel line or is it correct. 1/4 at the carb and 3/8 at the pump ?. What I believe to be original metal line is 3/8

92ECB65F-4969-4C24-AD0D-6D7CD0A38FC0.jpeg

92A8898F-64C9-4A03-B422-8DE493ECA07D.jpeg

4 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Mine is 3/8, it was on my 2 barrel also. I have the fuel filter fitting off the old 2 barrel if that will help you it looks the same as the one on my 4 barrel that's why I saved it.

I got one ordered. Thanks for the offer. Save that one cause I hear they strip out pretty easy when doing fuel filter changes 

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

I got one ordered. Thanks for the offer. Save that one cause I hear they strip out pretty easy when doing fuel filter changes 

Yup that's why I saved it, hopefully I never need it. I have an inline filter so the one in carb doesn't get so dirty.

I run an in-line filter in the rubber hose before the pump, and assemble the carb without any filter. That way, I never have to mess with that trouble area. If you think you really need another filter at the carb inlet, use the paper option instead of the sintered bronze type.

20 minutes ago, wallaby said:

I run an in-line filter in the rubber hose before the pump, and assemble the carb without any filter. That way, I never have to mess with that trouble area. If you think you really need another filter at the carb inlet, use the paper option instead of the sintered bronze type.

Yea I have the long paper filter in the carb an the inline filter between fuel pump and carb.

Maybe it's just me, but I have had those fuel leak and thread issues at the carb inlet. I choose to eliminate the internal filter and rely on an in-line filter. That way, the big carb inlet fitting never has to be messed with again.