Flint built SS454 radiator

overdrive

I'm looking at a Flint built '70 SS w/AC that has a matching numbers motor, and the radiator is missing. The motor is out, but all there. The top plate and the shroud are both there. The shroud is correct, but the top plate doesn't have the corner cap that I thought all 454s w/AC should have, due to the 4 row radiator. The car has been stored inside, with the motor out, since about 1978, and the seller believes the top plate is original to the car, because of the originalty of pretty much everything on the car. It's never been repainted. 

I'm wondering if anyone has a Flint SS with the 3 row radiator. If so, maybe the strike had an effect on some parts not being the same as other plants.

Anyone with a Flint SS with a 3 row radiator and the standard top plate?

Dan

Hey Dan. 

Big Red, my 70 SS was built at the Flint plant, has/had a/c and has the 3 core radiator top plate and matching core support. It now has a 4 core that I had in stock. I removed the a/c box due to not having all the pieces and header clearance. 

The build date is 9/69. 

My brother's 71 SS has the 4 core rad with the top plate and rad support extension. A/C car. I know it's not a 70 but hope it helps. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I haven't seen the car yet, and I asked enough questions that I stopped short of asking about the lower corner of the core support. The SS I have now has both. 

Dan