Steel inner fender wells?

Cooltech

Hello, I was wondering if I went with the Chevelle steel inner fender wells do I need any extra pieces? I see some people are using these and say that there are a few holes that need to be altered but nothing about any extensions.

Thanks Scott

Lutty's is where you want to get the steel inner fenders. Best fit by far. Or kinonks klassics( he is in our part sources).Both good places for Monte parts.post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg.  Steel is the best by far in my book. Plus you can paint to match outside color!

• Like 1

The splash shield is different, and as Aaron says, use the monte extensions. I would advise to prefit, use the majority of outside fender holes to get it set in there. The lower holes inside the fender have a lot of adjustment (big hole) so they seemed pretty good. Then you are stuck fitting the holes at the top inside the fender. I had to enlarge these, but they enlargement went in the direction of being hidden. Some of the other outside holes needed a bit of adjustment but not bad. Then I'd repaint them. That was my experience, so hope it helps you. 

• Like 3

I have the steel ones in my 70 SS and they bolted right in. Try to install them with the weight of the car on the wheels or stands near the front bumper to keep the nose from sagging and misaligning the fenderwells. 

• Like 3

Thanks guys!! My father in law and I noticed that there were some cracks in some areas and were thinking that it was due to alot of flexing due to the plastic fender wells and bad body bushings. 

The cracks are due to the age of the plastic.  After 50 years that plastic becomes brittle.  The plastic really does hold up very well.  The plastic ones I put on my Monte, I installed them 18 years ago and they look as good as they did the day I installed them with no signs of cracking.  The plastic ones look great.  

rob

• Like 1