Value of 1st GEN’s

Just wondering if anyone knows if the value of the 1st Generation Monte Carlo value has increased or do you feel it will increase in the future. I know it’s in direct connection with the desire to own this car. It seems that many people desire the Chevelle and Camaro. Will the Monte ever reach that level?

In my opinion the values of SS454s and 4-speed Montes have been climbing quite a bit the past 5 or so years. Most of the regular small block cars are up a little too but not significant. Some very nice low mile small block examples have sold for good money the last couple years though. Recent auctions have broken new ground with sale prices over $100k for some very special cars which will have an effect on all our Montes. I really believe this is due to people starting to recognize how rare and special the SS454s and 4-speed Montes are. Collectors have been trying to seek out something different just like how more people started looking closer at Firebirds/Trans Ams a few years ago as an alternative to Camaros. I don't believe the Monte will ever reach Chevelle/Camaro levels. Those cars have a reputation that can never be changed as they were marketed as a muscle car while our Montes were not.

• Like 4

So ... if a '71 SS454 with a 4-speed sells for $82K (recent Mecum auction), what might a '70 factory LS3 4-speed with SS454 badging sell for? 😁

DSCN2178.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2407.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MCfan said:

So ... if a '71 SS454 with a 4-speed sells for $82K (recent Mecum auction), what might a '70 factory LS3 4-speed with SS454 badging sell for? 😁

image.png.39a4293199bfd913bcbce8fea49c351a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think Monte's will ever catch Camaro or Chevelles, but there is an uptick in their interest. Hard to gauge by the auction prices ive seen nice cars sell for cheap and some cars get stupid money. 

This ones been on the market for at least a year I believe 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Chevrolet-Monte-Carlo-SS-454/264591438598?hash=item3d9ae0f306:g:y8QAAOSwcBpeFLc9

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

That's a Kansas car with the "L" on the body tag too. Can prove it is an SS without a build sheet.

• Like 2