tail pipe

sendo

I don’t know what the diameter of the stock pipe is for an SS. I simply had a local shop do a nice custom bent system front to back with 2.5” pipe on my 71 SS.

• Like 1

I got a nice set of mandrel bent 2-1/2 pipes for the over the axle part. Wish I could remember where they came from. (same as Chevelle) My exhaust guy said he could fab some, but his bender would crush them down to 2-1/4 or less in the process.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Got mine from Stainless Works !

Chagrin falls Ohio

I'm not a big fan of stainless for exhaust on a car that never sees bad weather.  My exhaust is almost 14 years old and still really has no rust on it. Same with brake and fuel lines. The brake and fuel lines on my car are still original from factory. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

That looks similar to what I got. I wasn't real happy with where they exit, so I modified the very end section. You can adjust how much "drone" you want from your exhaust by starting long, then shortening it for more volume inside. Mine end just about at the furthest point of the bumper reach.

• Like 1