Radio Repair/Restoration

TheBMan

I need to have the AM/FM/PB radio in my 72 Monte Carlo repaired and restored. Does anyone have any personal experience and recommendations for a repair/restoration shop? I have found several places online but I'd like to use a known/trusted source if possible. I searched the site here but didn't find any info.

The unit has power through the factory harness but doesn't work at all, not even the "thump" you usually hear when you turn it on.

Model Number: 7933251
Service Model Number: 21AFP1

Thanks!

IMG_2957.JPG

• TheBMan changed the title to Radio Repair/Restoration
3 hours ago, 70Turbo-Fire said:

I would recommend:

HF Enterprises - Vintage Automotive Radio & Clock Repair

92 Miller Ave. Floor 2

Elmwood Park, NJ 07407

hf_enterprises@att.net

Howard Foulds (973)-800-4565

Thank you!

http://www.randbvintageautoradio.com/repair-and-restore.html

I have used this guy for two of my car radios. If you are looking for more than just a restoration and interested in an upgrade to your radio while still maintaining the original look and functionality i would recommend Randy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cbolt said:

http://www.randbvintageautoradio.com/repair-and-restore.html

I have used this guy for two of my car radios. If you are looking for more than just a restoration and interested in an upgrade to your radio while still maintaining the original look and functionality i would recommend Randy. 

Their website they now have a backlog of 5 to 6 months and they are not accepting any jobs at this time but if you need an expedited job it will be considered for an additional $150.00.

rob

• Like 1

Rob, that message about not taking new jobs has been on the website for quite some time now. I contacted Randy and after a brief back and forth he agreed to take my radio and managed a fairly short turn around time. As a matter of fact I had the upgraded radio freshly installed for the last eastern meet. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...