My Monte Journey Continues

Well after sitting dormant for five years I’m finally working on my Monte again. I hadn’t totally quit work on it because I was alway refurbishing small parts and ordering new parts as money allowed. 
The pics show where I left off with cutting out the tail panel and rough fitting the one I got from Jared. I have a new package tray to weld in then the truck floor. I’m hoping to order the pieces from Belden soon to repair the damage to the rear window channel. The engine is apart and ready for the machine shop but will have to wait until I get back to work.

A2D59361-2EF1-4034-B9F3-73C57A5A5E79.jpeg

CD0CAC9B-A1F1-4238-8ABB-6E867F9F0AB7.jpeg

98F195D7-36C2-4400-8F81-0A7297886EBA.jpeg

• Like 1

If that tail panel was rusted away, I am amazed the trunk floor doesn't look worse than it does.  If the trunk was bad this would surly be a great time to install a new one.  Looks like you could get a one piece trunk floor in with the tail piece off.

rob

I was going with the center and left pieces but after inspecting it tonight I’m going with one piece. I found some pin holes on the right side and thin spots. At least with the floor out I can get to the package tray and rear window easier.

Someone had mounted the center trim with sheet metal screws and sealant. The old tail panel looked like Swiss cheese

You get that trunk pan in and sealed up with sealer, Herculiner the underside and top side. You'll be miles ahead on the build.Then spatter paint the trunk. No one will tell you  did  anything wrong. I've had mine done for 17 yrs, and still looks like the 1st year done. That package tray has got to go !! looks rough.  post-259-0-61935100-1474727657_thumb.jpg

Edited by 420ponies
added content

I have a new package tray but I’ve decided to replace the trunk divider as well. I can only find the trunk divider and package tray as one unit so I guess I’m going to sell the new package tray I have and buy the trunk divider/ package tray combo. Wish I had known this sooner but oh well

After two days of sorting parts I’m surprised at what I have and even more surprised at what I need. I have a complete American Autowire kit except for the engine harness” I thought I only had the tail light harness” and several switches. I have the cowl panels and front floor patch. Engine wise I have new pistons , intake, and a new NOS Carter Carb” forgot about that one” and the new distributor.

It looks like every light lens and bezel needs replacing as well as the trunk extension trim. Rear floor, trunk floor, trunk divider and package tray need replacing along with the bumpers need to be rechromed.

Looks like money to me but I knew that when I started this.Still debating on it but most likely will be selling my bike to pay for some of this. With my health issues that would probably make my wife happy, lol. 
Now if I could just get my air compressor running I could get serious.