Newbie saying hi

Pitbull04

1970 MC, 350ci, TH350.  Bench seat front, column shift.  Not much done to it. Sorry haven't got many pics on my phone.  Would love to replace the factory clock with a Tacho.  But getting stuff from the States to NZ is expensive, plus our dollar only gets 60 somethings cents when converting.  

20201207_185746.jpg

Welcome aboard the boards Greg.  You have to love a BLUE 70 Monte!!!  Keep the pictures coming because we truly love Monte pictures.

rob

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pitbull04 said:

1970 MC, 350ci, TH350.  Bench seat front, column shift.  Not much done to it. Sorry haven't got many pics on my phone.  Would love to replace the factory clock with a Tacho.  But getting stuff from the States to NZ is expensive, plus our dollar only gets 60 somethings cents when converting.  

20201207_185746.jpg

Is that a gas station your at? Guess the Montes over have the same drinking problems as ours do 🤣. How expensive is your gas there?

• Like 1

$2.20 for 91 octane & $2.40 for 95 octane.

I've only changed a few things so far.  Fitted new air filter, fuel pump, plugs/leads (think you guys call plug wires)  HEI, Alloy intake, removed 2 barrel and fitted 4 barrel 600.  18"front & 20" rear alloys. Recovered front seats from material to vinyl.  Got backs to do also.  Next on list is headers and twin exhaust, currently has the two manifolds into one pipe.

20210219_162105.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Are those gas prices per US gallon, Merrick Gallon or something else.

rob

$2.20 NZD per liter is equivalent to $1.60 USD per liter or $6.05 USD per US gallon!!  And that's for 91 octane ... something to think about the next time I fill up my Monte with 92 octane for $2.59 a gallon.

• Like 1

Welcome, Greg!  Great looking ride. And, yes... open up that exhaust so she can breathe (not to mention you’ll love the rumble). I imagine you get a ton of looks driving a “gas guzzling” American classic where you’re at... ENJOY IT!

• Like 1

Yeah, I think there's only a hand full of Monte Carlos in New Zealand.  There are hundreds of Chevelle's, Camaro's, Mustangs etc here.  If you google 'Beach Hop Whangamata'  you can see the types of vehicles we have here. 

On 2/21/2021 at 8:49 PM, Pitbull04 said:

Yeah, I think there's only a hand full of Monte Carlos in New Zealand.  There are hundreds of Chevelle's, Camaro's, Mustangs etc here.  If you google 'Beach Hop Whangamata'  you can see the types of vehicles we have here. 

Just looked at pix from the 2019 event. Looks like you folks know how to throw down when it comes to partying and enjoying your cars. Enjoy your girl and the envious looks you’ll undoubtedly be getting in her. 

• Like 1