renewal,sign in

hempsy

I have two questions that need to be addressed. 1 -- I received an email this morning to renew my membership, but I renewed it at least a month ago. I received several emails back then about renewing membership and followed the message to renew. 2 -- When I received those emails, I tried to sign in to my account and was unable to. I had to reset my password to get in and when I signed out and then tried to sign in again, I had to reset it again. Again this morning I tried to sign in and had to reset my password to get into the website . I do not know if it is a problem with the website or a problem with my account. Please advise me on the above issues.. Thanks Hempsy29

I get the same messages and have past several years.  I pay, save the confirmation email in a Folder and forget about it unless a dispute arises.  I have the saved e-mails to confirm payment.  Rob is working to reduce/eliminate this issue with automated messages as I had understood it. 

As for the Pass Word issue?  I don't understand it either and had the problem for over a year and yes, frustrating! :B  All's I know is that Aaron had done maintenance on the Site and miraculously my Password issues were resolved (so far).  Some suggest using a different Browser as Google to log in and see if that corrects the issue.

Good luck and hope is resolved for you in a timely manner...........

Doug 

David,

I am not sure if you are getting emails from groupspaces.  Groupspaces notified us that they were discontinuing their membership tracking services they have offered to us and other organizations starting April 1st but it appears they have already discontinued this service to some of our members but others are getting repeated dues notifications.  

Your dues are paid in full right now and until next January.  Our members dues will always come due in the month they first paid dues  so if a member first paid dues in August, each August after that their dues will be due again.  You first paid your dues on January 14, 2009 so they will always come due in January.   

Regarding your issue about regarding your password issues.  I am not sure if you are using as a laptop/desktop or if it is an apple or other device.  

In most cases your issue is caused by your device retaining old passwords.  On my laptop, which I am using google "Chrome" and I think many are the same, this is how I would eliminate these stored passwords on mine.  If this does not work you could google to find out how to eliminate stored passwords.  If you do not cancel the password stored on your computer, prior to changing your password for the site, your computer will still try to use that old password.

Once you open your search engine, if using Chrome:

1. in the upper right-hand corner, you would see three (3) stacked/vertical dots.  You would click on those three dots which will bring up a dropdown menu and in the menu you would select "Settings"  
  2. When you do that you will get a menu like the one in the attached document labeled "Settings 1.pdf"  In that menu you would find the line marked "Passwords" and to the right of "Passwords you will see an arrow.  Click on that arrow to the right of "Passwords"
  3. this will bring up a screen like in the attached document marked Settings-Passwords 2.    Scroll down those files till you find all of them that have to do with the First Gen Monte Carlo Club such as fgmcc.com or firstgenmc.com, firstgenerationmontecarlo.com etc.  Once you find those you will do the following for each and every one of First Gen sites and you will again see three stacked/vertical dots.  Click on these 3 stacked dots.
  4. When you click on those dots you will see a small box as pictured in the above attachment labeled Settings-Passwords-Delete.  In that small box you will see the following selections "Copy Password", "Details" and "Remove"  Click on the selection for "Remove" 
  5. Repeat this for each of the FGMCC items.

I am going to assign you a temporary password.  I will e-mail you this temporary password to use to sign into the club website.  Once you have signed in you can replace the temporary password, I gave you with one of your own choice and again when you do that tell your computer you don't want it to save your password if it asks.

I hope this helps you.  

Rob