Hvac hoses/ducts

72RustBucket

Hey everyone, looking for some information on the hvac ductwork behind the dashboard. All of my hard plastic parts are in good shape, but there is some hose or duct that was basically disintegrated when I got to it. You probably know what I'm talking about, it has a wire frame like a slinky. I'm just looking to buy everything I need for behind the dashboard. Summit sells 18 inch sections, they list needing 2 and I just wanted to be sure.

I know that the duct work is all sold at the parts place but they are all separate.But they list every different size nothing specific. If someone knows the diameter and length of each piece that would help me also. A kit so to speak for each year (probably the same) with or without air conditioning. That’s actually something I know is going to hold me up on reassembly because P.O. threw them away. 

39 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I know that the duct work is all sold at the parts place but they are all separate.But they list every different size nothing specific. If someone knows the diameter and length of each piece that would help me also. A kit so to speak for each year (probably the same) with or without air conditioning. That’s actually something I know is going to hold me up on reassembly because P.O. threw them away. 

I was able to find this 

https://www.originalair.com/1970-72-chevelle-malibu-el-camino-monte-carlo-sprint-ac-flex-hose-duct-set-2-202-5-2-202-13-2-1015-3

But for some reason it doesn't feel right lol. 

Vintage air has a diagram with hose OD and lengths, but again not sure if for orginal or their unit.

They list 2 inch hoses

Driver defrost duct- 18 in

Passenger defrost duct- 12 in

Center louver- 20 in (might be two of these)

2.5 inch hoses 

Driver side louver- 32 in

Passenger side louver- 36 in

18 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Let us know if that works and it’s all that’s needed. Does your car have have a/c

My car was factory ac yes. I pprobably wont actually have functional ac for a while because I need evaporator and all its components including box...I just dont want to have to pull the dash again.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:31 PM, 72RustBucket said:

My car was factory ac yes. I pprobably wont actually have functional ac for a while because I need evaporator and all its components including box...I just dont want to have to pull the dash again.

Did you get the dash back together?  What were the hose sizes and lengths you got to do the under dash?

The duct that goes to the passenger side is closer to 4" diameter. The Parts Place has it listed with a picture