Flint built 70 SS documentation

Ckrogersinc

Is there any other way to confirm and document one of these cars other than matching bins on block and car? Just picked one up and was surprised to find they didn’t produce a build sheet for these at the Flint plant. I would like to reproduce a build sheet just for my own benefit. 

• Like 1

If it was sold new in Canada then Vintage Vehicle Services would have the info. The protectoplate can also confirm an SS.

It's not that the build sheets were not produced, they were thrown out, like GM wanted. The other plants threw the sheets into the cars instead of the garbage. Thankfully for the other plants.  

I also have a flint built SS and like you wish that they had left the sheets in the cars. 

The best way is to document as many SS specific pieces you can to authenticate the car. If you have the matching numbers engine, your golden. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I’m new here but have learned that a 71 SS has an “L” on the trim plate if it’s built in Kansas and it looks like the Baltimore cars had a “BF” on the trim plate for the SS in 71. Best is build sheet and original motor but these trim tag ID’s I just mentioned are as solid. Then obviously you can look closely at the car for the SS signs of what should be there. Rear end, tranny, load leveler system, boxed lower control arms and on and on.

• Like 2