another newbee

largregory65

Larry,  Welcome aboard the boards, we hope you like what you see here and decide to become a full fledged dues paying member of the club.  Thanks for the teaser picture but we love pictures here so let's see some more pictures.

rob

• Like 1

Sullivan Illinois. Roger. I know where Plainfield is. Ill try to download more pics. I just put buckets and console in it. This winter. I just put 3:55 posi  and shift kit in her. My plan is to pull out motor soon its got leaky gaskets and valve seals. Probably add a small cam to it. Nothing to big just freshen the motor up make it a fun cruiser.

Very nice!!  Reminds me of the red ‘70 my dad would occasionally work on for an older woman friend of the family when I was in high school.  She’d drop off the Monte on a Friday afternoon for dad to work on over the weekend.  I’d sneak that car out and drive it like I stole it with one or two of my high school friends coming along for the ride.  I’ll never forget m how long that car would lay rubber for when mashing the skinny pedal into the carpet...

I’d make sure I got that car back home and parked by at least 8 PM as dad got home from work about 10:30. He once came home earlier than expected and the car was still “ticking” as it was cooling off. It briefly caught his attention as he walked our dog past it on their nightly routine, but he never questioned any of us about it. To this day, I think he knew what was up, he just never said anything since the car was still in one piece... I’m gonna call him tomorrow and reminisce. 

He had an absolute ball when he drove my SS before I put her up for the winter. Nothing cooler than watching your 81-year-old father stand on the gas from a stop sign  and say “THIS is how a real car sounds”.

She looks like a beauty, Larry.  You, Roger and myself are all reasonably close... perhaps war all get together at a cruise night or three this summer  

• Like 1