wiper motor

smokinquack

Now Im trying to diagnose my wipers not working.  Replaced the fuse,continuity across the fuse panel.  There is a 2 prong connector and a 1 prong connector on the motor, have 12 volts on the 2 prong with the switch on or off.   Whats my next step?

Is the ground STRAP attached? There is a strap that connects the fire wall metal to the WSW Mtr around one of the "rubber" mounting points. There are three I believe. I will look for a better picture

267490922_monteengine1.thumb.JPG.83564cce5a97991ac1eadb9e8291577f.JPG

Greg, what year is you car? There was a change made for 1972 cars.

The motor gets full time key-on power. The dash switch provides different combinations of grounds that trigger the motor operating mode, park, slow, high.

The motor has three terminals and the pump has two terminals.

If you get the terminals mixed up or something else is wrong, you'll smoke a resistor in the motor.

Parts store rebuilds are often for a later car and have an extra wire you'll need to fool with. They'll also often come without the arm or rubber grommets.

• 1 month later...

Finally getting back to this problem.  Car is a 70, got a new motor, hooked it up, hit the switch, the wipers moved about 1/2".  Now nothing.  The ground strap is good, the terminals have little prongs so you cant hook it up wrong. The motor shows zero ohms across all terminals (dont know if this is good or bad)  Now what?

20210514_153053.jpg

Disconnect the transmission form the wipe motor and try moving it manually to see if the mechanism is working correctly I hooked one up backwards once