Sonnie24 voltmeter conversion

Tim972

Does anyone know if you can get a voltmeter in place of the amp gauge for the sonnie24 gauge conversion?   I have contacted them, but I cannot get a response.    With using a 100+ amp alternator, the original amp gauge is useless, if not dangerous and American Autowire harness provides no provision for it anyway for that reason.        I was also considering just buying the Shiftworks clock to tach conversion, but I found out today it’s been discontinued.    👎  So I’m up in the air right now about what route to go with my instrument cluster, either stay with the idiot lights and add my own gauge pod, or use the sonnie conversion and the amp gauge will be inoperable.       Thanks 

Yes you can. I did the change on mine. He will eventually respond to you. I think he is the only one there and he does it all. It may take a week or so. I got a whole cluster and had him make the change before he sent it to me. There may be a picture in my thread “ my 71 restoration project” in the general section 

Just now, Dtret said:

Yes you can. I did the change on mine. He will eventually respond to you. I think he is the only one there and he does it all. It may take a week or so. I got a whole cluster and had him make the change before he sent it to me. There may be a picture in my thread “ my 71 restoration project” in the general section 

That’s good to hear, I will check your build thread out!  Thanks !

• 11 months later...

Trying to install tach/  gauge package in my '72. I'm at the point of attaching black fused wire to positive battery cable and question on black / white striped wire to horn relay. My '72  horn relay has it on firewall. Do I attach to post on relay or ground it to bolt that holds relay? Here is how instructions read " The black/white stripe wire with a fusible link must now be connected to the positive side of the horn relay which is located on the inside of the radiator support just to the left of radiator. Remove one of the screws at the base of horn relay, insert the connector of the black/ stripe wire and replace screw. Tighten securely. Note: Do not connect this wire to battery junction block or battery or your ammeter gauge will not work! " Do I splice into power side of horn relay? Confusing.