Monte Carlo Convertible

Mike

So I went to the Daytona Spring Rod Run with my 70 and as always a bunch of folks swing by to chat about one they had, or have. One guy mentioned seeing a convertible previously and I saw that metallic bronze orange thing? I didnt know what to call the color, it was nice though. He said yes. I commented about what a great job he did, it looks like a factory original job. He said "It was, Chevy made 500 of them and contracted an outfit to do it, bolster up some metal, chevelle tops, etc...."  Is that true? I never heard that before, always thought the two I have seen were done by some creative folks. This is the picture of the one i saw at the Turkey Run a few years ago. 

20180324_144933.jpg

Nope it is not true at all.  Not sure what he had been smoking.  I bet he did not offer up any documentation to prove his claims.

rob

Thats what I thought, but I wanted to be polite so I just cracked another beer open and nodded my head. That orange car was gorgeous though, gotta tell ya. I prefer the hardtop myself. It went up for sale at Mecum Kissimmee this past January. Hit $37,000 before they pulled it, didnt hit the reserve. 

Chevy DID contract a private vendor to make / convert 500 Montes into drop tops. Your new best friend has one of them. And I have the other 499. In a heated warehouse. All are survivors in mint condition. All have every option available. Yeah, that’s the ticket...

• Haha 1

can you imagine...A 

21 hours ago, Paul Bell said:

And some of them were LS6 four speed SS cars.

Can you imagine...an  LS6/four speed/SS/convertible...you know how they say "in heaven there ain't no beer"...maybe there's a car or 2 up there instead...