Does it matter

JOHNNY MILLER

How much valve to you lose if any removing original air conditioner that not working. And replacing with  new modern air , delete big box on firewall. Matching numbers 72 with 402 bucket tach, power windows.  Looking for nice cruising car with working air. and no killing valve. thanks

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Is it wrong that I knew exactly what Johnny meant the first time I read his post?

I did too Glen, lol.

If you want to keep somewhat of a factory appearance, just get the upgrade kit from Original Air Group. It comes in 3 different stages to get just what you want. I got the Stage 3 kit because I needed just about everything. It all fits very good, PLUS I got to keep the factory interior controls. Some of the aftermarket kits wanted to replace the dash controls with an electronic unit, I didn't want that.

They also have the factory type compressors if you want that, but I preferred the R134 upgrade, choice is yours though. They were super helpful and the customer service was very good as I progressed with the project.

https://www.originalair.com/70-72-monte-carlo-ultimate-engine-compartment-upgrade-kit-134a

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

I did too Glen, lol.

If you want to keep somewhat of a factory appearance, just get the upgrade kit from Original Air Group. It comes in 3 different stages to get just what you want. I got the Stage 3 kit because I needed just about everything. It all fits very good, PLUS I got to keep the factory interior controls. Some of the aftermarket kits wanted to replace the dash controls with an electronic unit, I didn't want that.

They also have the factory type compressors if you want that, but I preferred the R134 upgrade, choice is yours though. They were super helpful and the customer service was very good as I progressed with the project.

https://www.originalair.com/70-72-monte-carlo-ultimate-engine-compartment-upgrade-kit-134a

now i got it

• Haha 1

It depends upon the buyer.  If it is someone who wants originality then it would hurt the value to them but if it is someone who does not mind it will not hurt the value.

rob

On 3/29/2021 at 9:24 PM, JOHNNY MILLER said:

How much valve to you lose if any removing original air conditioner that not working. And replacing with  new modern air , delete big box on firewall. Matching numbers 72 with 402 bucket tach, power windows.  Looking for nice cruising car with working air. and no killing valve. thanks

Thanks sorry for the confusing question. I don't care for the big box on firewall, but do want to keep factory controls on inside.  I'm no good on air so i will get Atlanta restoration do do complete swap out. Thank again.

A modification that can be undone won't hurt any value.

Example: Remove the AC system including the underhood evaporator case without cutting or drilling the body and keep the parts in a box won't hurt the value because it can be undone with the original parts.

Example. Cut, drill, weld or modify the body in any way that can't be undone OR toss those removed original parts and the car could lose value.

Example: The best of both worlds, upgrade the system with new parts without body modifications and keep the original parts and you may INCREASE the value of the car.