Transmission Dipstick Tube

1Bad454

My transmission just got rebuilt and they reused my old dipstick tube. Would there be any issues if I pull it out and reinstall a new tube? I would hate to encounter any leaks.. 

No. Just make sure whatever style seal the new tube requires is used. Either an o-ring or a boot. Some people prefer the boot style due to more of a sealing surface. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

No. Just make sure whatever style seal the new tube requires is used. Either an o-ring or a boot. Some people prefer the boot style due to more of a sealing surface. 

Also have you ever had any issues with your dip stick blowing out and spraying fluid all over your engine? I had a 78 step side that used to do that once in a while..

There is probably nothing wrong with your tube. If transmission was rebuilt properly they would have put a new seal on the tube. If you are changing the tube and it’s a th400 original, and in good shape send it to me I’m looking for one. Must have mounting tab still welded on 

19 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

The dipstick tube itself coming out or just fluid coming out the top of the tube? 

The dipstick itself. I used to have that issue with a truck I had years ago. It would blow out and spray fluid all over the engine.

15 hours ago, Dtret said:

There is probably nothing wrong with your tube. If transmission was rebuilt properly they would have put a new seal on the tube. If you are changing the tube and it’s a th400 original, and in good shape send it to me I’m looking for one. Must have mounting tab still welded on 

The tube is fine it's just not all shiny like my newly rebuilt transmission. I'll probably just clean it up.