More "storage" space

Thanks guys, they did a good job.

They got the rest of the ceiling up, exterior trim, and even installed a door knob and dead bolt.

I started putting the outlets in the boxes before work tonight while the JLG is still there. Actually worked a couple of hours after work this morning putting some wire in for the exterior spot lights before they sealed it up today. Was going to run it around the sides, but was easier to run it overhead.

Hopefully I can get some more done before they come get the lift.

20210413_164956.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Looking good. Storage. I still find that funny 😄 

The town classifies it as an "accessory building"....like a shed, a big shed I guess, lol.

8 minutes ago, jft69z said:

The town classifies it as an "accessory building"....like a shed, a big shed I guess, lol.

Does that mean your property taxes won’t go up because it not a “ necessity “. ?

20 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Does that mean your property taxes won’t go up because it not a “ necessity “. ?

Oh, I'm sure they're going to make it hurt...

Granted, it's just the romex with plug ends on it right now to an extension cord, but at least I can work at night if needed. Hope to start digging for the actual power run in the coming weeks.

Look amazing. By the way it’s the tenth day but who’s counting. They did great work and so quick. I love pole barns. So they are about done except big door and wall insulation?  Electric run before concrete I’m assuming. I can only imagine what’s going through your head now that it’s up. Lol

24 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Look amazing. By the way it’s the tenth day but who’s counting. They did great work and so quick. I love pole barns. So they are about done except big door and wall insulation?  Electric run before concrete I’m assuming. I can only imagine what’s going through your head now that it’s up. Lol

They didn't work the weekend though, so I figured it only took them 7 days to build it.

Not sure when the big door is coming. Plan is, I'll keep wiring inside, plus install a couple of spot lights outside & a couple of outlets with weatherproof covers. We have to at least run the conduit stubs into the building where they need to line up with where the breaker panel will go. After that, the concrete can go in, even if we don't have the full run dug out to the meter. They can pour the 18x36 apron after the main floor sets up, as long as I run some conduit under there as well.

Then, the builder can come back, insulate the walls and install the white metal interior sheeting as well.

What's going thru my head is all the work I have to do now. It's keeping me awake at night, and I don't usually sleep worth a crap as it is, lol. The last couple of days I was out there wiring after a 12 hour night shift because I thought the JLG was going away. The builder said he doesn't need it for the next job and it may stay a week, if I was OK with it he asked....hahahaha. Well sure, leave it right here I told him. It's covered up and under the cameras, safe & sound.

4 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Wait I dont see where the kitchen and bathroom are going to be 😳🤣🤣🤣 that looks great.

It's just for 'storage' Steve 🤣.

There's a little bathroom in the other shop, that's enough, lol.

Great progress pictures, it does look a "little bigger" in the night shots. I can't remember who said sleep was over rated 🤣

I'm thinking about starting a pool where members can bet on how many months it takes till the "storage" building becomes "the side shop" with a paint booth or something. Then again I don't think you clearly specified what "storage" was, maybe a couple of 4 post racks with the next Monte project and the rest of the fleet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DragCat said:

Great progress pictures, it does look a "little bigger" in the night shots. I can't remember who said sleep was over rated 🤣

I'm thinking about starting a pool where members can bet on how many months it takes till the "storage" building becomes "the side shop" with a paint booth or something. Then again I don't think you clearly specified what "storage" was, maybe a couple of 4 post racks with the next Monte project and the rest of the fleet.

I just took a little nap, lol. I'll be back out there soon.

Nah, no 4 post lifts in my future. I considered it for a minute when I was thinking about 30x40, but 2 lifts would only buy me 1 more parking spot realistically when you considered the foot print of the lifts, and the floor space it consumed. The price of those lifts went into making the building bigger instead. Maybe a 2 post in one of the corners in case the other one is tied up long term, but not an immediate concern.

Lol, funny you should mention paint booth.... Thought crossed my mind to paint in there if needed, but the other shop is set up pretty good now for that.

• Like 1

To all  
Don't forget Joe has the other shop. If he moves all the cars and extras over to his new building(for storage) he will have all the room he needs for the projects he has not yet thought about.  It’s a hell of a plan. I wish I could do it. 

44 minutes ago, Dtret said:

To all  
Don't forget Joe has the other shop. If he moves all the cars and extras over to his new building(for storage) he will have all the room he needs for the projects he has not yet thought about.  It’s a hell of a plan. I wish I could do it. 

That's pretty much the plan Dennis.

Every time I try to do something in there now, I have to worry about what damage may happen to the rest of the cars. They all need to be clay barred and buffed now from paint over spray, no matter how hard I try to cover, or far away I try to park them from the existing shop. Even with a spray can, I'll spray the part into a garbage can to sort of contain it, or step outside (fun when it's snowing) to keep the mess down.

Welding and grinding, same issue. Abrasive dust all over.

I tried to park the cars about 300-500 feet away last year when I sprayed all that stuff, depending on how much I had to do. Still feels like sandpaper on all the top surfaces of every vehicle. More work to do..

4 hours ago, jft69z said:

That's pretty much the plan Dennis.

Every time I try to do something in there now, I have to worry about what damage may happen to the rest of the cars. They all need to be clay barred and buffed now from paint over spray, no matter how hard I try to cover, or far away I try to park them from the existing shop. Even with a spray can, I'll spray the part into a garbage can to sort of contain it, or step outside (fun when it's snowing) to keep the mess down.

Welding and grinding, same issue. Abrasive dust all over.

That’s kinda the same plan I have but I’m going to do it in a single building. L shape two back walls will be 80 ft each with the rest of the walls being 40 ft. One 40x40 section for parking separated by a firewall  40x40 shop  40x40 for equipment  19 ft tall with my new apartment (when Karen kicks me out) above the parking section  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That’s kinda the same plan I have but I’m going to do it in a single building. L shape two back walls will be 80 ft each with the rest of the walls being 40 ft. One 40x40 section for parking separated by a firewall  40x40 shop  40x40 for equipment  19 ft tall with my new apartment (when Karen kicks me out) above the parking section  

That sounds like a solid plan, except for the part where you get kicked out, lol. I know that'll never happen, but you've seen it many, many times before, I'm sure. Usually when that happens, the guy is lucky to be able to afford a single room apartment...in the bad part of town, lol.

12 minutes ago, jft69z said:

That sounds like a solid plan, except for the part where you get kicked out, lol. I know that'll never happen, but you've seen it many, many times before, I'm sure. Usually when that happens, the guy is lucky to be able to afford a single room apartment...in the bad part of town, lol.

I’ve already been there and done that. But in my case I was smart enough to keep the house and move her to a bad city. Columbus Ohio what a crap hole. I hate that city. 

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’ve already been there and done that. But in my case I was smart enough to keep the house and move her to a bad city. Columbus Ohio what a crap hole. I hate that city. 

Lol, good for you!

• 2 weeks later...