More "storage" space

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Ya probably a good idea. It will set a lot better. And harder. 

And cheaper apparently. He said they wanted something like $695 extra for a pad he poured recently.

6 hours ago, willie said:

Looks Good Joe!!!!!    How long before the concrete did he say???

Thanks Willie! No firm date as of now. I know they have put up a lot of buildings already this year, and most of them don't have concrete yet. Hopefully it'll be fairly soon.

5 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Lovin the progress.  Did you/they hand dig that or use a trencher

rob

Thanks Rob! They used one of their smaller excavators, but I still spent a lot of time behind a shovel, lol.

Made more progress. Pulled all the wires over the weekend and landed most of them. All told, looks like about 3/4 mile of wires. Building has working cameras and its own power now. Still cant wire in all the outlets & switches until the interior walls are done, but at least added a temporary switch to control the overhead lights.

Concrete is next, but no idea when that'll happen. Starting to get warmer at night, so it should be soon. Hard to believe it snowed like crap a month ago, and today was 91 degrees here.....Western NY.

20210516_101208.jpg

20210516_101302.jpg

20210520_134116.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

That is coming out really nice!!!

Thanks Tony!

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks great Joe 👍

Thanks Steve!

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Looks Great Joe!!!  Cant wait to see her done with some cars in there. I bet you also after all these sleepless nights.

Thanks Willie! I'm on nights again right now, work all day, work all night, lol. Story of my life.

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That’s a lot of wiring. Looks great. You are a motivated man. 👍

Thanks Dennis. Yeah, it's been a lot of work, plus trying to get ready for Carlisle soon. 

Yesterday after getting out of work at 6:30 AM, I ate breakfast then spent about 4+ hours raking the dirt outside to get ready to put some grass seed down. Well that sucked a lot, especially as it got hotter and hotter outside. I'm getting too old for this crap.

1 minute ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Dennis. Yeah, it's been a lot of work, plus trying to get ready for Carlisle soon. 

Yesterday after getting out of work at 6:30 AM, I ate breakfast then spent about 4+ hours raking the dirt outside to get ready to put some grass seed down. Well that sucked a lot, especially as it got hotter and hotter outside.

So you get it all flat and get seed down. Then the birds eat it and the concrete guys show up to do their job and you know where they are going to work and I’ll be damned if they don’t have to do something around the building to screw it up. Wait for it. 

Just now, Dtret said:

So you get it all flat and get seed down. Then the birds eat it and the concrete guys show up to do their job and you know where they are going to work and I’ll be damned if they don’t have to do something around the building to screw it up. Wait for it. 

Oh yeah, I've considered all of those situations already, lol. The 'gutter' guy will mess it up, damn birds around here ate up some grass seed I planted last year, and the concrete guys may impact a little bit near the front. I at least want to get the ball rolling a little, tired of the mud everywhere, plus the dogs aren't exactly pleased that I took their 'toilet' area away.

6 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Oh yeah, I've considered all of those situations already, lol. The 'gutter' guy will mess it up, damn birds around here ate up some grass seed I planted last year, and the concrete guys may impact a little bit near the front. I at least want to get the ball rolling a little, tired of the mud everywhere, plus the dogs aren't exactly pleased that I took their 'toilet' area away.

I trust me, I totally get it. I would do the exact same thing. I think the dogs will be ok. GO TO BED. 

53 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I trust me, I totally get it. I would do the exact same thing. I think the dogs will be ok. GO TO BED. 

Dogs actually go in a much more convenient place for me now, I may not change that moving forward, lol.

I'm awake now, can't sleep...plenty of time for that when I'm dead...

• 2 weeks later...

The concrete guy stopped by last night & today. Dropped another load of stone to get the level to grade, then tamped it all down. Laid the 6 mil vapor barrier & mesh, plus expansion joint around each of the posts.. Hoping to pour the main floor next Saturday, if he can get a concrete delivery. He says everything is hard to get lately, especially people who want to work...

20210530_121316.jpg

20210530_130353.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That’s great news. But you do realize that they are going to show up on the 24th of June. 

They better not

rob

29 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’ll bet nobody will be home. Lol

You got that right, lol. I'll watch it happen on the cameras.

• Like 1

Poured 30 yards of concrete today. They were short a guy, so I had to drive the concrete buggy, (could have been put on a worse job), lol. Then spent the day behind a shovel getting the next pad ready to pour later in the week hopefully. Once they set the forms, I had to remove some stone and a bit more clay we found to get it to the proper grade for another 6" pad in front of the building. Gonna saw cut the lines on the new pad in a couple more hours.

20210605_084743.jpg

20210605_105114.jpg

20210605_134930.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great. 30 yards plus. I think I’d need an adult beverage after writing that check. Lol. The floor makes it look so much bigger. Awesome. Moving day is just around the corner. Probably move in the weekend of the 24th. I know you’re not going to be working. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Awesome. Moving day is just around the corner. Probably move in the weekend of the 24th. I know you’re not going to be working. Lol. 

Could be but I kinda doubt it

rob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think I’d need an adult beverage after writing that check. Lol. .... Moving day is just around the corner. Probably move in the weekend of the 24th. I know you’re not going to be working. Lol. 

That's a damn fine idea Dennis!

Moving day is months away...Still have to let this cure at least 30 days, then I'm either acid etching it, or grinding it to prep for epoxy, or polyaspartic floor coating. haven't decided which yet. Pros & cons to each. We just finished cutting the lines in the floor too.

I'll be in Carlisle on the 24th, baring any unforeseen problems. See you there!

20210605_195626.jpg

• Like 1