More "storage" space

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Willie!

The hot tub will be behind the shed, which is between the 2 buildings. There was a  12x15 dead spot right there, figured it was a perfect spot for it.

Don’t let him fool you guys, it’s the only exercise he gets. Lol. But in all honesty I would not want to do it. But I would. Lookin good keep it up. Don’t rough it up to much the tires won’t do good burnouts , it will launch. Lol. 

5 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Don’t let him fool you guys, it’s the only exercise he gets. 

There's some truth to that 😁.

Just now, Dtret said:

Some?

Don't you have something better to do? 🤣

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

Ya but that’s work. It’s more fun tormenting people 

This is very true....😈

Traded the shovel in for a concrete grinder. Spent a couple hours after work today playing around. Tomorrow is my one day off this weekend, so based on tonight's test, it should be a 12-14+ hour day grinding the floor down in preparation for an epoxy coating. 

20210702_222813.jpg

20210702_202049.jpg

9 hours ago, jft69z said:

Traded the shovel in for a concrete grinder. Spent a couple hours after work today playing around. Tomorrow is my one day off this weekend, so based on tonight's test, it should be a 12-14+ hour day grinding the floor down in preparation for an epoxy coating. 

20210702_222813.jpg

20210702_202049.jpg

Ugh 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Ugh 

Yeah, this is a whole lotta suck.

But, considering the rough estimates to have someone else do it was $10K+, well...here I am.

1 hour ago, willie said:

Joe i would think it must of been loud as he-- bouncing off the walls also???   

It's not too bad actually. I put earbuds and music on, so that helps. Not really as dusty as I would have thought either, but still just a suck job. Four squares to go, then touch up a bunch of spots. Hope to get it done tonight, or tomorrow after working days.

Taking a dinner break now, so that could put an end to it today, lol.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Yep. Take a break and spend some time with the GF. 

She's working too. Just finished for the day though, 12 hours is enough. Need to hit a few spots tomorrow night & that should be good.

1 hour ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I hada guy try and talk me into doing that on floors (new and existing) he said theres a ton of money in it but I guess theres only money in it if someone wants to spend it. Would have been about a 20k investment.  I passed.

It's basically all labor. Whatever tools you'd need would be paid for after the first couple of jobs. These people are booked up well into the year though (like everything else right now), so people must be spending the money.

After today, I told the GF that the $10K price was almost looking pretty good, lol. 

But you realize, you would never get them on your time frame and you would not be happy with the quality of the work. Two days to prep one to paint and one to seal it. I will throw in an extra day cause crap happens. I have no idea what your income (and really don’t care) but I’ll bet it’s not 10000 per week. That’s take home by the way after taxes. Lol

8 minutes ago, Dtret said:

But you realize, you would never get them on your time frame and you would not be happy with the quality of the work. Two days to prep one to paint and one to seal it. I will throw in an extra day cause crap happens. I have no idea what your income (and really don’t care) but I’ll bet it’s not 10000 per week. That’s take home by the way after taxes. Lol

Timeframe, funny you mention that. I've been trying to get hold of one company to supply the materials. Multiple calls, couple messages, and I finally get 1 email response. Haven't heard back in 2 days since.

Luckily there are a couple of other places locally that have been very helpful and will also supply the materials. These are all places that specialize in concrete refinishing, porches, garages, etc. Would have liked to see what this place had, but that lack of customer service certainly doesn't work for me. What if I needed 1 more gallon of material on the fly, good luck with that. Business must be that good where they don't need to call or respond back.

Just thought you would find this funny. You may not realize how fast your crew actually went. First post went up 2 1/2 months ago and this is where they are at today. I realize it’s way bigger but really 

FB298030-17BB-479B-82D9-E908F40246E3.jpeg

Hahaha. My whole building was done in 7 working DAYS. 

Finished grinding the floor down the other day, took about 14.5 hours total. Need to do a few more spots with a hand grinder, just waiting on a diamond wheel to arrive tomorrow to finish it off. More dust and general suck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Are you painting and sealing it yourself too ?

Yes. Using an epoxy type paint called polyaspartic. Supposed to dry and be usable the next day, won't leave tire imprints, etc. But, it's not forgiving as far as applying the stuff. As soon as you mix it up, they say you have about 10 minutes to squeegee it on and back roll it. If you wait too long, it'll set up right in the bucket. This should be fun.

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Yes that one got me to enthusiast 

Good for you!

Hey Joe, You did great in the total time for your bldg!!!   Are you using the same paint on this bldg as you did on the other garage?    10 min sounds awful quick!  Better have Doug ready to roll as your mixing.  LOL

8 hours ago, willie said:

Hey Joe, You did great in the total time for your bldg!!!   Are you using the same paint on this bldg as you did on the other garage?    10 min sounds awful quick!  Better have Doug ready to roll as your mixing.  LOL

Thanks Wilie!

I used DuPont Corlar 26P (later renamed Axalta Corlar 2.8 HG-D) epoxy in the other building. Very good stuff too, durable in that it stands up to brake fluid, spinning grinders, solvents, etc. It just takes much longer to cure before driving on it, and it still leaves tire imprints (stains?) occasionally if you park in one spot for lengthy periods. I stamped up a bunch of aluminum plates to put under the tires, but it's still annoying.

The paint supplier suggested 3 people, a mixer, a squeegeer (sp?), and a roller. I told him the 3 people will probably be me, myself, & I. 😁 

• Like 1

I will have to keep this in mind when i am ready to do mine. Cant now because i have nowhere to put all the cars. I will have a better chance when i thin the herd in a few years. lol   

Let us know how it works out with the 3 of yourselfs. Better have Doug and another on standby!!!

• Like 1

Other paint vendors wanted to sell me epoxy primer base coat, with a clear urethane top coat. But when I looked at the tech data sheets, they mention tire stains too. When I mentioned that, the one guy says no it doesn't.....I'll believe the data sheet before the salesman, thank you.

Another one uses the gray epoxy with a clear polyaspartic top coat. That was my next choice. The one I decided on currently uses the polyaspartic with a gray pigment additive, so it'll be a one shot deal, not multiple coats. One of my buddies did this years ago, and the floor looks as good now as it did 10 years ago.

There's a good chance Doug will be here, depends if he has to work with his kid on other jobs.