More "storage" space

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Ah come on!!!  Don’t make me sit alone. I don’t care how “bad” a move it was. Given the opportunity either one of you would have done the same thing. So HA. Continental breakfast at the hotel it is. 

No, I'm a nice guy & would not have done that to you.....Eh, who am I kidding...well played!

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

O and another thing. If you’re going to call me names, I prefer Richard. Lol. 

Oh, now we're being all proper? How about Mr. Cranium 🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jft69z said:

Still in recovery room now. Looks like it didn't help much....

Sorry to hear (no pun intended) the surgery didn't produce the desired results ☹️, but as already said I'm sure there will be a plan B. 

7 hours ago, jft69z said:

No, I'm a nice guy & would not have done that to you.....Eh, who am I kidding...well played!

Oh, now we're being all proper? How about Mr. Cranium 🤣

Please no Sir’s or Mr’s. I don’t think I earned any respect here. 

4 hours ago, DragCat said:

Sorry to hear (no pun intended) the surgery didn't produce the desired results ☹️, but as already said I'm sure there will be a plan B. 

Thanks Mark. Not sure what plan B is just yet, hopefully there's something besides a hearing aid. Growing old sucks.

41 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Thanks Mark. Not sure what plan B is just yet, hopefully there's something besides a hearing aid. Growing old sucks.

I agree. Partials for my teeth, gonna need new glasses and my hair is falling out. Definitely sucks 

• 5 weeks later...

Finished up the CTS-V this afternoon, traction is going to be a problem, lol. I sealed the driveway with Michelin a few times first, then the owner did the smaller one in the video.

Tomorrow I'll put the front fascia back on & call the tuner to make an appointment to get it dialed in.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Better video quality than the text. I still like it. 

Yeah, the video gets compressed too much when texting it, loses most of the video quality.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally getting to the last part of this project. I already got the heater hung, gas line piped up and the exhaust piping finished. Test fired it and all is good.

Got 10.5 tons of stone delivered today to put along the back side & that should be about it. I'll be getting more exercise with my pals the shovel and the wheel barrow the next couple of days. Got some of it moved into place already this afternoon.

The new grass has grown in pretty good too. 

Time to start filling up the inside now for the long winter ahead. A couple of buddies cars are tucked away already ☹️.

20211014_162107.jpg

20211014_181903.jpg

20211014_182140.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Joe, it sure turned out nice. A ton of work but it looks well worth the effort. 

Thanks Paul! Yeah, it was a lot of work, glad it's nearly over.

24 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Looks great Joe, it's a shame to drive on them beautiful floors. Moving the stone is a lot of work for sure good luck with that.

Thanks Steve! That paint is really nice, no tire prints at all. That stuff dried solid as a rock.

My back is already complaining, and I probably only moved a 1/4 of that pile today. My buddy has a 'Dingo' I can use, but the bucket may be a little close...I don't want to crash into the outside walls, lol

13 minutes ago, willie said:

Looks Great Joe!!!!!!!  Now you have to fill it up!!!

Thank you Willie! It'll be getting more cars by the end of next week. Pretty much the only thing left in the main shop will be the Z/28. A whole bunch more parts are coming for it in the next few days. The pile is getting bigger....

So what do we call you, Donkey or Dingo?  lol. You must be off work again. At least you can soak in the hot tub to ease the back pain. That work sucks but it’s got to be done and none of us are getting any younger so we figure out better ways to cheat. Building looks awesome. Still nice and clean. Very nice. 

• Like 1

I gotta get a load of top soil to level out where I removed the pool but looks like it's gonna wait now with this upcoming surgery,  I did get a bunch of bags to get the real low spots thst was hard to do and I'm sore today lol. Gotta get a few more things to button up before Monday. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

So what do we call you, Donkey or Dingo?  lol. You must be off work again. At least you can soak in the hot tub to ease the back pain. That work sucks but it’s got to be done and none of us are getting any younger so we figure out better ways to cheat. Building looks awesome. Still nice and clean. Very nice. 

Jackass seems to be appropriate right about now, lol. Couple days off, just got done with a long string of days/nights. I wish I had a hot tub, still delayed 'til December last I heard. Not happy about that. Thank you!

9 hours ago, DragCat said:

Bout time there was some more progress updates slacker 🤣

Not a lot going on, just little things. I did manage to hang a bunch of storage bins for nuts/bolts, etc. I'll get a picture tomorrow.

9 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Gotta get a few more things to button up before Monday. 

Good luck next week, just take it easy. I know, easier said than done.

• Like 1

These are the storage bins I've been working on lately. I have hundreds of bins in the main shop for easy access for nuts, bolts, small parts, etc,, but not enough space for the overflow. These also have a better assortment and more organized for metric, grade 8 std & fine thread, plus grade 5 std & fine. Still have to sort & bin the stainless stuff, but all told there will be 256 bins there.

The bins are actually from Harbor Freight, a lot cheaper than anywhere else and good enough quality for this purpose. The backing plates are from Amazon though, much better quality than the plastic crap that came with the bins. I attached them to the walls with Unistrut and lag bolts. 

20211015_093833.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

These are the storage bins I've been working on lately. I have hundreds of bins in the main shop for easy access for nuts, bolts, small parts, etc,, but not enough space for the overflow. These also have a better assortment and more organized for metric, grade 8 std & fine thread, plus grade 5 std & fine. Still have to sort & bin the stainless stuff, but all told there will be 256 bins there.

The bins are actually from Harbor Freight, a lot cheaper than anywhere else and good enough quality for this purpose. The backing plates are from Amazon though, much better quality than the plastic crap that came with the bins. I attached them to the walls with Unistrut and lag bolts. 

20211015_093833.jpg

That looks great, that's a whole lot of hardware there but I bet you still run out of stuff 😆

• Haha 1

Now I know where to go to get my bolts for all my projects. Might do some bench racing too! I tell ya, place looks great. Maybe I need to look for some flat land around there. But I know you get the snow every year also. But ,if I'm retired I can look at it from inside!!  Can't wait for that to happen!  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

That looks great, that's a whole lot of hardware there but I bet you still run out of stuff 😆

Lol, no doubt I'll be one bolt short when I need a dozen or something like that.

29 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Now I know where to go to get my bolts for all my projects. Might do some bench racing too! I tell ya, place looks great. Maybe I need to look for some flat land around there. But I know you get the snow every year also. But ,if I'm retired I can look at it from inside!!  Can't wait for that to happen!  

Thank you & you're welcome here any time Jim!

We don't typically get as much snow as directly north or south of us because of the 'Lake Effect' snow. If if does, it may only be an inch or two. Then again, we're capable of getting a foot at a time too, if the wind is right.

47 minutes ago, 420ponies said:

Being retired is great there's no rush to go out and do driveway I get to it when I get to it. But I still hate the snow and the lake effect sometimes here is killer. Hopefully not this year 🤞

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Lol, no doubt I'll be one bolt short when I need a dozen or something like that.

Thank you & you're welcome here any time Jim!

Woo hoo mini meet at Joe's garage! Bring your sleeping bags lol may need them after some spirited bench racing :yay::yay:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Woo hoo mini meet at Joe's garage! Bring your sleeping bags lol may need them after some spirited bench racing :yay::yay:

Sounds good to me! After next July 1st, I'll have a lot of free time. Maybe sooner if I get pissed enough at work to retire earlier.

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m in for a meet. Might do a little shopping while I’m there. 

Just remember, I have cameras everywhere, lol.

• Haha 1