More "storage" space

40 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey Joe this breakfast is going to be worth every penny!!!!!

Can't wait!

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I’ll just let that one go. 

"Pivot man" comes to mind........:yay:      (seemed appropriate for this conversation 🤣)

Needed that new hot tub yesterday. We got over 18" of snow in about  18 hours. Keep in mind, those are 12' walls.... that pile's about 8' high.

Out front, the speed limit sign is close to being buried. (Yeah, I made a little bit of 'sod' with the plow blade, lol)

20220118_091450.jpg

20220118_090335.jpg

Hey Joe sorry about that white stuff (you can have it, i dont want it. lol).   How is the hot tub doing under 18" of snow? Can the cover hold that much?   I know we had about 9" last week and then it froze and turned to ice. Now i have a 10" frozen hockey puck in my pool, and i am worried again. Five years ago, a hockey puck just like this decided to break through the covers and take a 4ft drop ripping every thing on the way down.   Ohh Booy!!    Hope it doesnt happen to you!!!

45 minutes ago, willie said:

How is the hot tub doing under 18" of snow? Can the cover hold that much?  

I was out there from 3 AM to around 3 PM keeping up with the snow. I've done that dance before, if you wait til it's over to start removing snow, you're screwed. The tub had a  roughly 6" thick rigid cover, probably foam insulation to keep the heat inside. It seems pretty sturdy, but I kept sweeping it off just to make it easier to get in later.

Amazing the number of 'friends' that came out of the woodwork because they know I have a plow. I went in the hot tub instead....

• Haha 1

We had 14" of the stuff, had to work and watch it pile up. About 3 hrs with snow blower.  About 2" an hr for 3 hrs then 1" an hr until sun up. Another 4" today, just got inside. By the way dash is inside car, ready to tackle wiring next. Been so long I'm going to need some pictures of the process. Why didn't I take them when I removed it?  I'm sure that I can do this, just got to take some time.  and get it right. Adding courtesy lights too. 

2 hours ago, 420ponies said:

We had 14" of the stuff, had to work and watch it pile up. About 3 hrs with snow blower.  About 2" an hr for 3 hrs then 1" an hr until sun up. Another 4" today, just got inside. By the way dash is inside car, ready to tackle wiring next. Been so long I'm going to need some pictures of the process. Why didn't I take them when I removed it?  I'm sure that I can do this, just got to take some time.  and get it right. Adding courtesy lights too. 

Yeah, if you don't keep up with it, you're going to have a lot of hard work ahead removing all that snow. Hard to believe it was sunny just an hour or two before the snow started coming, and I was looking at a full moon last night shortly after it stopped snowing.

Lol, pictures along the way are a good thing! Especially if there is a break before getting back to the job. When they made us live at the power plant for a month during covid, that was just when I started wiring up the car. I took some pics and left myself little notes on various wires so I'd remember (hopefully) where they were supposed to go. Took a day or two to get situated when I got home, but it all came back to me once I started working on it again.

That’s amazing. I really miss that kind of snow. We got 2 inches here and you’d think the sky was falling.  Now I’m not saying I want it. Lol. I can miss it from afar. 
Joe at least the hot tub showed up before the major snow. They could be delivering it now. Lol. 

10 minutes ago, Dtret said:

That’s amazing. I really miss that kind of snow. We got 2 inches here and you’d think the sky was falling.  Now I’m not saying I want it. Lol. I can miss it from afar. 
Joe at least the hot tub showed up before the major snow. They could be delivering it now. Lol. 

I don't like any part of snow...

You're right! Remember we joked about it a few weeks ago that it would show up during a 'Lake Effect' snow storm? Guess I actually got lucky for once, granted it came during the coldest day of the year instead. This would have sucked even more with all the snow. Tomorrow is supposed to be nearly 40 degrees and rain, followed by -1 degrees a day or two later... crazy stuff.

14 minutes ago, bob 71 said:

i feel your pain i dont like snow either we didnt get as much in syracuse as you guys did but it still sucks spending 3  hours in the truck plowing

Yes it does suck.

I laughed at someone yesterday that said thy were buying a truck next time so they could plow. I told her it's fun the first couple of times, you actually hope it snows. But after that, it wears out quickly and just becomes another suck job. 🤮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They updated the total snowfall for my area today, 22-24 inches for the one day storm. Sometimes it was 4-6 inches an hour.

That global warming was pretty good to us up to that point though, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1